Support for Strategic Initiatives
The Provost has funds available to support initiatives that further Middlebury’s strategy.
The Provost’s Academic Council (PAC) will make decisions about which ideas to pursue and prioritize, consulting regularly with other offices regarding the feasibility of new ideas and projects. The PAC has articulated the following criteria for evaluating proposals:
- The degree to which the project aligns with Middlebury’s strategic framework
- The intended impact of the project
- The innovative potential of the project
- The degree to which the project integrates or connects existing efforts across Middlebury
- The longer-term financial and administrative sustainability of the project, if applicable
In addition, each year specific areas of focus are identified by Middlebury’s leadership. The following four themes will guide prioritization:
- Further our global connections
- Build upon Middlebury’s goals around intercultural communication
- Integrate or connect existing efforts across Middlebury
- Focus on expanding our commitment to the environment
In the past, projects receiving awards through this process have been funded through a variety of sources including The Ron and Jessica Liebowitz Fund for Innovation.
The deadline to apply for this funding is March 27, 2023. Notification of approval, denial, or “needs revision” will be sent by early May. Successful proposals will receive funding for the fiscal year 2024 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024).
- To get started, please review the guidelines to ensure your initiative is eligible. Please review the guidelines before submitting your proposal.
Office of the Provost
9 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753