CTLR and its partners offer direct, timely support to faculty for their classes through online resources and consultations with their faculty and staff.
The CTLR facilitates training and placement of course-based tutors in various subjects including STEM and quantitative and writing courses.
Shared Teaching Resources
A repository of teaching resources and external links from faculty development activities is available at CTLR Faculty Teaching Resources.
We are currently updating the collection of resources for community sharing. If you would like to have an item added please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SensusAccess File Conversion for Accessibility
Documentation on using and a link to SensusAccess .
Teaching Multilingual-ESL Students
The Writing and Rhetoric Program (WRPR) provides support for teaching multilingual-ESL students.
Middlebury Programs Directly Supporting Teaching
The following is a brief description of available teaching support from various Middlebury programs.
- Center for Community Engagement (CCE) - Provides support for community-connected teaching, learning and research. Piloting a community-connected PBL teaching assistant program
- Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research (CTLR) - Academic development hub for campuswide opportunities and resources
- Digital Learning and Inquiry (DLINQ) - A cross-institutional program for faculty, staff, and students to advance digital fluency and critical engagement
- First Year Seminar Program - Support for teaching a FYS and advising
- Grants and Sponsored Programs (OGSP) - A cross-institutional program to seek and facilitate external funding to support institutional projects and faculty scholarship
- Library’s Resources for Faculty - Includes recently added Research Assignments for Remote Courses
- MiddData - A new initiative combining the Digital Liberal Ats (DLA) initiative and other data projects
- Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (OIDEI) - Addresses barriers to increase access, opportunity, equity, inclusion, and full participation in the community
- Oratory Now - Provides consultations and class workshops for oral presentation
- Project-Based Learning (PBL) - Community of practice that supports faculty with exploring and implementing PBL pedagogy
- Writing and Rhetoric Program - Supports faculty in the teaching of writing and writing-intensive courses (CW)
Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research
Davis Family Library, Suite 225
Middlebury, VT 05753