Teaching and learning are central to the mission of Middlebury College.
Middlebury College is a residential learning community that educates students within the tradition of the liberal arts. We emphasize reflection, discussion, and intensive interactions between students and faculty members. We believe that teaching is a craft, a set of skills and approaches that can continually be refreshed and enhanced.
CTLR is here to work with all faculty to advance their teaching and scholarship through
- Teaching Resources
- Using a syllabus, advising, course-based tutors, Middlebury programs that support teaching and other shared resources.
- Development Opportunities
- Annual workshop series and retreats, communities of practice, and other opportunities for mentoring and collaboration.
- Middlebury funding to support teaching, research and scholarship. OGSP supports external funding opportunities.
- Research Support
- Working with research assistants for all disciplines, as well as programming supporting scholarship.