GRANT-SEEKING RESOURCES AT MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE
Sponsored Research Office
Franci Farnsworth, Associate Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs Library 107 (x5889)
Liz Haney, Associate Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs Library 108 (x5132)
Chuck Mason, Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs, Library 106 (x5717)
Academic Affairs: Old Chapel
Jim Ralph, Dean for Faculty Development & Research, CTLR-Davis Family Library 225C (x5320)
Andrea Lloyd, Dean of the Faculty/VPAA, Old Chapel 207 (x5735)
Lynn Dunton, Budget Coordinator for Academic Affairs (x3085)
Grants & Contracts Administration: at MIIS, with Marbleworks Suite 201 address
Steve Marino, Director of Grants and Contracts Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org (831-647-6408)
Back up: Cory Buxton, Manager, Accounting (x5816)
Cindy Wemette, Controller (x5373)
Grants & Sponsored Research website
Rates & Useful Facts -- federal per diem rates, college mileage rate, indirect cost & fringe rates, etc.
Funding Sources -- Leave Opportunities, Federal sources, Non-Federal sources
Searchable Databases – IRIS and SPIN (links will work from any college computer or "proxy server")
Preparing Your Proposal -- "Tips & Advice," budget preparation info, grant-writing info, College policies*, forms*
Faculty Grants – Annual Reports -- announcement of new faculty grants, lists of grant awards for prior years
*Forms -- links to electronic forms, "blue sheet" (college internal endorsement form)
*College Policies -- Research Misconduct, Human Subjects, Conflict of Interest, and others
Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs (OGSP) services
- INFO (Information Notices of Funding Opportunities) – sets faculty up to register to receive INFO (by interest group): Creative Arts, Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, Research Abroad, Science & Math, Social Sciences plus various groups for faculty scheduled for leave in the next year or two.
- Finding Funding: Helps to identify potential sources of support for faculty research or other projects and to develop strategies for seeking that support.
- Budget and Grant Preparation: Reviews grant budgets and grant proposal drafts as time permits; offers various grant workshops throughout the year. See the Budgets and Proposals sections of the SRO website.
- Proposal Submission: Reviews grant proposals for compliance with college and sponsor requirements. Facilitates college endorsement process.
- Publicity: Announces faculty grants in MiddPoints, in annual reports, and to various administrators.
- Post Award Assistance: Works with faculty members and controller’s office on grant management issues.
- Other grant-related resources at Middlebury College: College Libraries (grant directories in reference collection), Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research (grant directories, writing resources), Academic Administration - Funding for Research.