GRANT-SEEKING RESOURCES AT MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE
Sponsored Research Office
Franci Farnsworth, Coordinator of Sponsored Research (x5889), Library 223
Alison Darrow, Science Grants Specialist (x5132), 630 McCardell Bicentennial Hall
Academic Affairs: Old Chapel
Andrea Lloyd, Dean of the Faculty (x5908)
Lynn Dunton, Budget Coordinator & Administrative Assistant in Academic Administration (x3085)
Corporate & Foundation Relations: Munford House
Jen Bleich, Director (x5197)
Tae DeGray, CFR Associate (x5199)
Grants Accounting Staff: Service Building
Cindy Wemette, Controller (x5373)
Corey Buxton, Accounting Manager (x5816)
Grants & Sponsored Research website
Rates & Useful Facts -- federal per diem rates, college mileage rate, indirect cost & fringe rates, etc.
Funding Sources -- Leave Opportunities, Federal sources, Non-Federal sources
Searchable Databases – IRIS and SPIN (links will work from any college computer or "proxy server")
Preparing Your Proposal -- "Tips & Advice," budget preparation info, grant-writing info, College policies*, forms*
Faculty Grants – Annual Reports -- announcement of new faculty grants, lists of grant awards for prior years
*Forms -- links to electronic forms, "blue sheet" (college internal endorsement form)
*College Policies -- Research Misconduct, Human Subjects, Conflict of Interest, and others
Sponsored Research Office Services
- INFO (Information Notices of Funding Opportunities) – sets faculty up to register to receive INFO (by interest group): Creative Arts, Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies, Research Abroad, Science & Math, Social Sciences plus various groups for faculty scheduled for leave in the next year or two.
- Finding Funding: Helps to identify potential sources of support for faculty research or other projects and to develop strategies for seeking that support.
- Budget and Grant Preparation: Reviews grant budgets and grant proposal drafts as time permits; offers various grant workshops throughout the year. See the Budgets and Proposals sections of the SRO website.
- Proposal Submission: Reviews grant proposals for compliance with college and sponsor requirements. Facilitates college endorsement process.
- Publicity: Announces faculty grants in MiddPoints, in annual reports, and to various administrators.
- Post Award Assistance: Works with faculty members and controller’s office on grant management issues.
- Other grant-related resources at Middlebury College: College Libraries (grant directories in reference collection), Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research (grant directories, writing resources), Academic Administration - Funding for Research.