Economics Major Requirements
To meet the major requirements, students must successfully complete a minimum of ten economics courses, which consist of the following six core courses, ECON 0150, ECON 0155, ECON 0210, ECON 0211, ECON 0250, ECON 0255 and four electives (two of which must be seminars).
- Double counting courses towards the major requirements in economics is not allowed (e.g. students may not count MATH 0310 towards their economics major and also towards a math major or minor);
- A minimum of 6 economics courses must be taken at Middlebury;
- ECON 0205 does not count towards the minimum 10 course major requirement;
- ECON 0500 does not count towards the major or minor requirements;
- Only two of the following four courses: ECON 0316, ECON 0317, ECON 0412, and ECON 0475 will count towards the minimum 10 course major requirement;
- Economics electives taken during the winter term will count towards the major only if so designated in the winter term catalog.
- Electives can be 200, 300, or 400 level courses; Seminars are 400 or 700 level courses.
Please check the courses or their equivalents below that you have COMPLETED: