The Economics Department has centralized the registration waitlist system for economics courses.
This will allow students to make just one combined request and allow us to fairly and efficiently prioritize needs so students can enroll in courses they need to progress through their major.
Note that any remaining open seats after Banner online registration has ended will be allocated by need and class standing. Since your position on the waitlist will not be a factor in determining who is allowed to add a course, please refrain from emailing instructors.
The spring 2023 Qualtrics waitlist survey is open until 5 PM on Friday, December 9. The waitlist is closed, and we are now working with the data to create and prioritize individual class waitlists.
- The waitlist is a Qualtrics survey that can be accessed when a link is posted here after the on-line registration period has ended for the fall or spring term.
- Please fill out the waitlist survey just once for up to three course requests. (Please do not list the same course more than once in your request. It will not give you priority. In fact, it slows down the process for your request if your first choice is not available and the only option you provided.)
- Please fill out the waitlist survey completely and accurately or you will not be placed on any waitlists.
- If you forgot something, or need to make a change, it is helpful to put a note in the comments section when submitting a corrected request. If you submit multiple requests, the most recent request will be used and the others deleted.
- Once the waitlists are compiled, I will sort the requests into separate waitlists for each section, review needs, and provide individual instructors waitlists in priority order beginning with senior seminars.
- We understand that registration can be a stressful time, however, we ask that you refrain from emailing individual instructors or myself to check on your status. This is a very time-consuming process and additional, unnecessary emails will only bog things down.
- Once instructors receive their waitlists, they will reach out to students beginning with the highest priority. The number of students they reach out to will be determined by the number of available spaces they have to offer. (Instructors may not over enroll their class room capacity.) If you receive such an email you should respond promptly or risk losing the spot.
- Please be patient. We may not be able to get you into your first or second choices, however, we will make sure you get into courses that you need to meet your major requirements, especially for graduating seniors.