The learning goals for Economics majors at Middlebury College are:
- Studying the past and present world economy to better understand the human experience.
- Learning, evaluating, and extending theoretical models to identify key forces driving real world economic phenomena.
- Applying empirical tools to test theory and derive insights from data.
- Creating and evaluating independent research grounded in economic theory and empirical methods.
- Using theoretical and empirical evidence to inform public policy.
- Embedding economics within a broad liberal arts education.
(Revised by the Economics Faculty in January 2024)