Everyone is welcome here.
Health and Safety Information
Let’s work together to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Vaccinations and boosters* required. Masks optional, except under certain circumstances, but welcome.
Additional health and safety information here.
All performances subject to change.
* or valid medical or religious exemptions
At the Mahaney Arts Center, we believe that the arts should be open and accessible to everyone. We’re working to create the best possible experience for all of our patrons, because the best audience is a diverse and inclusive one.
We invite you to contact us with specific accommodations or questions you may have about the Mahaney Arts Center or other arts event venues on campus. We will make every effort to assist and accommodate you.
Accessible seating is available for all events in the Mahaney Arts Center (Dance Theatre, Seeler Studio Theatre, and the Olin C. Robison Concert Hall), as well as at Wright Theatre, Middlebury Chapel, Wilson Hall, and Dana Auditorium. If regular theater seating does not meet the needs of someone in your party for any reason, please note your request for accommodation when purchasing tickets (an Accessibility/Seating Accommodations box is provided at checkout for online orders.) When arriving for your event, please visit the red accessibility table at the theater door or ask an usher for assistance.
Johnson Memorial Building requires stairs for access. Please contact us for further information.
- All campus parking lots have designated accessible parking for vehicles bearing valid Department of Motor Vehicles disability parking placards or license plates. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Venue-convenient accessible parking spaces are located on the east side (parking lot side) of the Mahaney Arts Center. At this entrance there is also a wheelchair for visitor use (find it just inside under the stairs). All Mahaney Arts Center entrances have automatic doors.
- For performances in Wright Theatre and Middlebury Chapel, the gates at Chateau Road and Hepburn Road will be opened for patrons with accessibility concerns.
Low- or no-cost public transportation is available via Addison County Transit Resources (ACTR). Free Dial-A Ride services are available for those aged 60+, disabled and visually-impaired people, Medicaid recipients, Reach Up participants, and some others.
- All restrooms at the Mahaney Arts Center and Axinn Center are wheelchair accessible. There are accessible/single-stall/all-gender bathrooms located on third floor, to the right off the elevator in the MAC.
- Wright Theatre, Dana Auditorium and Twilight Hall have accessible/single stall/all gender restrooms on the main level.
- Wilson Hall has accessible restrooms on the second floor and accessible/all gender restrooms on the first floor.
- There are no public restrooms in Middlebury Chapel; however the restrooms in Proctor Hall (directly across the street) are available and are accessible.
Large print programs are available for all Performing Arts Series events.
- Assistive listening devices are available in the Mahaney Arts Center’s Robison Hall, Dance Theatre, Seeler Studio Theatre, and Sabra Field Lecture Hall (Room 125).
- Off-site, devices are also available at Wright Memorial Theatre, and at arts events in Wilson Hall, Middlebury Chapel, Johnson 304, Dana Auditorium, or Axinn 232. Please indicate your need when ordering tickets or see an usher for assistance.
- Relay calls are welcome via the Vermont Relay Service (711).
We welcome all individuals with autism or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities. Social stories, break spaces, sensory friendly materials, and noise-reducing headphones are available for any show. Please ask an usher for assistance.
Select events are interpreted in American Sign Language (ASL) and marked on the calendar as such.
We are here to help and listen. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for an accommodation, to ask a question, or to give feedback about things that worked well or need improvement.