Everyone is welcome here.
At the Mahaney Arts Center, we believe that the arts should be open and accessible to everyone. We’re working to create the best possible experience for all of our patrons, because the best audience is a diverse and inclusive one.
We invite you to contact us with specific accommodations or questions you may have about the Mahaney Arts Center or other arts event venues on campus. We will make every effort to assist and accommodate you.
Accessible seating is available for all events in the Mahaney Arts Center (Dance Theatre, Seeler Studio Theatre, and the Olin C. Robison Concert Hall), as well as at Wright Theatre, Middlebury Chapel, Wilson Hall, and Dana Auditorium.
Mobility Rows: Select seats can be accessed without the use of stairs. For general admission events, accessible seating will be available for those in need. For ticketed events, please request these seats when ordering.
Vision Seating: Select seats, generally in the first few rows, can be offered for visual access.
If regular theater seating does not meet the needs of someone in your party for any reason, please note your request for accommodation when purchasing tickets. When arriving for your event, please visit the accessibility table at the theater door or ask an usher for assistance.
- All restrooms at the Mahaney Arts Center are wheelchair accessible. There are accessible/single-stall/all-gender bathrooms located on third floor, to the right off the elevator in the MAC.
- Wright Theatre, Dana Auditorium and Twilight Hall have accessible/single stall/all gender restrooms on the main level.
- Wilson Hall has accessible restrooms on the second floor and accessible/all gender restrooms on the first floor.
- There are no public restrooms in Middlebury Chapel; however the restrooms in Proctor Hall (directly across the street) are available and are accessible.
- Assistive listening devices are available in the Mahaney Arts Center’s Robison Hall, Dance Theatre, Seeler Studio Theatre, and Sabra Field Lecture Hall (Room 125).
- Off-site, devices are also available at Wright Memorial Theatre, and at arts events in Wilson Hall, Middlebury Chapel, Johnson 304, Dana Auditorium, or Axinn 232. Please indicate your need when ordering tickets or see an usher for assistance.
- Relay calls are welcome via the Vermont Relay Service (711).
Select events offer interpretation in American Sign Language (ASL) or live captioning with CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation). See listings on the events calendar.
Large print programs are available for all Performing Arts Series events, and for many academic arts department events.
We welcome all individuals with autism or with other disabilities that create sensory sensitivities. Break spaces, sensory friendly materials, and noise-reducing headphones are available for many performances, or upon request. Please ask an usher for assistance.
- All campus parking lots have designated accessible parking for vehicles bearing valid Department of Motor Vehicles disability parking placards or license plates. Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Venue-convenient accessible parking spaces are located on the northeast (parking lot) side of the Mahaney Arts Center. At this entrance, there is also a wheelchair for visitor use—find it just inside under the stairs. All Mahaney Arts Center entrances have automatic doors.
- For performances in Wright Theatre and Middlebury Chapel, the gates at Chateau Road and Hepburn Road will be opened for patrons with accessibility concerns.
We follow Middlebury’s Service and Assistance Animals Policy. Service animals that are trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities are welcome at events.
We are here to help and listen. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for an accommodation, to ask a question, or to give feedback about things that worked well or need improvement.
Relay calls are welcome via the Vermont Relay Service at 711.