Middlebury Special Collections is open to members of the Middlebury College community and the general public.
Use our online calendar to schedule a research visit. Use the Notes field to tell us why you’re visiting.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com.
Holiday and summer hours vary. See the Davis Family Library hours for details.
Special Collections is located on the lower level of Davis Family Library. View the Middlebury College campus map for more information.
Middlebury Special Collections
Davis Family Library 101
110 Storrs Avenue
Middlebury, VT 05753
Visit the parking section on the Davis Family Library page for more information on visitor parking.
Teach With Us
During class or group visits our staff typically provide hands-on, guided explorations of our collections to cultivate historical imagination, encourage curiosity about the past, and deepen appreciation for historical materials.
Our teaching philosophy is to deeply engage students with original primary materials, to expose as many students as possible to our collections, and to provide them with the tools they need to analyze, interpret, and use primary documents.
If you are interested in setting up a class visit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before You Visit
Wash your hands before you visit. We don’t require gloves; freshly washed hands are best.
Feel free to bring:
- Pencils (we have souvenir pencils!)
Leave the following items on our shelves:
- Pens (unlike pencils, ink is permanent if accidentally splotched)
- Coats (keep your layers! We are climate-controlled, so it can get chilly)
- Beverages and food
Photos are welcome! (Please don’t use the flash.) Please visit Permissions and Copyright for more information on using any images you may capture.
General Rules for Using Collections
- Special Collections materials do not leave the research room
- Let us know if you’d like to request copies or scans of materials
- Turn pages slowly and carefully
- When working with archival collections, always maintain the existing order of items in boxes and folders
- Born-digital materials may not be reproduced or transferred from the research room without first consulting Special Collections staff
We look forward to seeing you!