Washington, DC is a central location for several professional fields, with opportunities for students and professionals in politics, government, tech, life sciences, and more. Whether you are looking for an internship or full-time position, this page contains resources which may assist your career development.
U.S. House of Representatives
- Subscribe to the House Employment Bulletin (Jobs and Internships)
- Submit your resume to the House Resume Bank (Jobs and Internships)
- Check out the resources at the House Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Check out the Senate Internship Bulletin
- Check out the Senate Employment Bulletin
- Upload your resume to the Senate Resume Bank
In addition to these general resources, you may also find internship and employment opportunities listed directly on Senators’ and Representatives’ individual websites. If you are interested in a position on a Congressional Committee (rather than a position directly with a congressperson), open positions may be listed directly on that committee’s website.
USAJobs is the official government website where many federal job opportunities are posted. Opportunities range from internships to all levels of career advancement, and come from numerous departments and agencies.
Tips and Tricks for using USAJobs:
- Customize your search settings
- Set saved searches and email updates
- Ensure your searches are customized to the appropriate hiring path for you
Find more career resources on our YouTube channel:
Further Career Resources
The Middlebury Center for Careers and Internships has further resources for a wide range of career fields, including resources on:
The Center for Advising and Career Services at MIIS has further resources available on their website, including: