Emergency Support During Regular Hours
If there is a problem with the equipment in your classroom, call the Helpdesk at (802) 443-2200 or x2200 from any campus phone. They will immediately call Media Services and someone from our group will come to your classroom within a few minutes. It is our goal for you to have minimal down time for your class. Many times we can resolve the problem within a few minutes. Once in a while, large pieces of equipment fail and we need more time to replace it. Generally, the larger issues are resolved before the start of your next class.
We have Senior staff on campus from:
Monday: 8:15 am - 5 pm
Tuesday: 8:15 am - 8 pm
Wednesday: 8:15 am - 8 pm
Thursday: 8:15 am - 8 pm
Friday: 8:15 am - 8 pm
Saturday: 12:30 pm - 8 pm
Sunday: No Coverage
Emergency After-Hours Support
When senior staff are not on campus, we have students techs that help resolve issues. The Helpdesk also has our cell phone numbers and they will call us if a student is not able to resolve the issue.
If you cannot reach any of the above resources
Please contact the Media & Tech Services Manager.
How Media Services Ensures Reliability
In addition to the emergency procedures outlined above, Media Services utilizes a variety of techniques to ensure reliability:
- We schedule two technicians for any major event.
- Technicians have access to the Emergency/After hours/On-call contact information in both printed and electronic form.
- A tech check is performed well before each event.
- Technicians are required to report to the event venue well before the event, and to alert supervisors of any unexpected circumstances in a timely fashion.
- Each event is concluded with an event report sent to the supervisors. These reports are used to improve our facilities and our workflow.
- Technician performance is closely monitored.
- We maintain a rigorous training program that ensures our technicians can supporting the events assigned to them.
- Before every semester we perform technical checks & diagnostics in each of our classrooms and other event venues.
- We have put in place a 5-year replacement plan for all of our classrooms and other event venues, ensuring the equipment is replaced in a timely fashion and is compatible with new technologies.
Of course, we always welcome feedback to improve our system.