On July 10, 2019, lynda online learning transformed to LinkedIn Learning!
LinkedIn Learning is a fabulous video-based online instruction resource that is available to all academic year faculty, staff, and students, both here and at Monterey. You can learn new skills to help at school, work or home by watching short, 2 to 3-minute movies or by working through an entire course.
This isn't only about technology, either. Yes, there are courses on just about every piece of software you can think of, but there are also "soft skill" topics such as resume writing, interviewing techniques, customer service, and leadership. If you want to develop your creative side, there are courses for that as well, including photography, music, and animation.
Here's how to get started:
- Type http://go/LIL/ (or http://go.middlebury.edu/LIL/ from off campus) in your browser’s address field, then press Enter or Return.
- From the LinkedIn Learning prompt, provide your full Middlebury email address, then click Continue.
- Provide your Middlebury account password, if prompted.
- You will be asked if you want to connect an existing LinkedIn account to your LinkedIn Learning details; this is strictly optional.
- Use the “search” field at the top of the window to find videos or courses of interest, or click the Browse drop-down to access course groupings by subject, software title, learning paths and more.
- Work through topics of interest in the short course called “How to use LinkedIn Learning” (only 37 min total) to learn basic navigation and details about course offerings.