For Summer 2024, Middlebury will offer two scholarships for each language at the Language Schools for current undergraduate students at Middlebury College.
Recipients of these scholarships will receive funding to cover the total fee (tuition, room & board) for one summer of any language.
The opportunity to apply for this scholarship is open to all students who meet the below criteria, regardless of citizenship. Scholarships are limited and highly competitive. Students are strongly encouraged to also apply for regular Middlebury need-based financial aid.
- Meet all requirements for Language School admission.
- Be currently enrolled full-time (at the time of your application) at Middlebury College as an undergraduate student.
- Show strong demonstrated interest (could include but not limited to previous coursework, volunteer work using language, internship, travel, or study abroad) in any of the languages taught.
- Show high academic achievement.
- Have the support of the Middlebury College language department.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM EST, December 15.
Once the Language School application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email in which you will find a link to the application for the “President’s Undergraduate Scholarship (Middlebury College students only)” as well as other merit scholarships.
- Middlebury Language Schools online application, which includes the following:
- Application fee ($75 fee waived for Middlebury students)
- Official transcript(s)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Online scholarship form, which includes the following:
- A brief essay: “How would the Language Schools help you apply your passion for language in the Middlebury community and beyond? Outline your past experiences and future goals.” This is in addition to the essays required for the Language Schools application. Please submit on the online scholarship form.
Notification of Scholarship
Students will be notified about the status of the scholarship by email on or around February 1.