The Middlebury Professional Network (MPN) connects alumni who share the common bond of their Middlebury experience and their professional interests.
The MPN provides an active career support network to its members and also engages them in efforts to support career development and employment for current Middlebury students.
Join the Middlebury Network
We look forward to working with you and helping you get involved at any level! Join the Middlebury Professional Network by registering here.
These are the current existing networks, and we are working on adding more in the future.
Strategy, management (finance, operations, human capital), information technology, economics, litigation support, executive recruiting, etc.
Energy and Environment
Development and distribution, policy, think tanks, conservation/sustainability/environmental NGOs, science and research, health and toxicology, consulting, energy and environmental technology, etc.
Investment banking, corporate finance, sales & trading, investment/asset management, real estate, brokerage, commercial banking, private equity, venture capital, private banking, etc.
Government and Policy
Federal, state and local government offices/agencies, Capitol Hill, think tanks, lobbying and political consulting firms, government affairs, etc.
International relations/diplomacy, development government organizations and NGOs, intergovernmental organizations, think tanks, consulting, etc.
Media and Entertainment
Entertainment business, film and video, television and radio, newspaper/magazines, digital media, book publishing, screenwriting, etc.
Software companies, eCommerce-based businesses, web-based platforms and services, cloud-based services, social media platforms, technology infrastructure/hardware, etc.
What’s in it For You?
There are many reasons to get involved, including helping students find their way and building your own personal and professional networks, but mostly, just being yourself. Help make a difference in another alum’s or a current student’s life.
How to Get Involved
- Host or participate in events (professional development, networking, social gathering).
- Participate in student career awareness and preparedness programs.
- Post internship and/or full-time opportunities within your organization on Handshake.
- Form a Middlebury Interest Group (MIG) inside your organization.
- Join Midd2Midd and become a MiddMentor.
Ways to Be Involved
- Become an individual member participant.
- Become a member of an Industry Advisory Committee (IAC): Six to ten professionals who provide general guidance and event ideas for network members, as well as guidance for student career development programming relevant to a particular industry.
- Become a member of a Middlebury Interest Group (MIG): A group within a particular professional network who promote the Middlebury brand within their organization and provide advice to Middlebury students on how to best connect with and prepare for employment within that organization.
The MIG Advantage
These groups help make alumni within an organization more visible to one another, increase the Middlebury brand recognition in the organization, and help alumni grow their influence within the organization. Additionally, the MIG members help current students by sourcing employment opportunities within the organization, becoming involved in the recruiting process, and actively advocating for candidates in the hiring process.
The MPN helps me stay connected to the larger Middlebury community, explore new career opportunities, and engage with current students to support a successful transition into the workforce. —Dan Tenner, ’13
Being a part of the MIG in my firm helped me connect with fellow Middlebury colleagues—and also give back by supporting current students through the recruiting process. It’s been a lot of fun! —Liza Reynolds ’08.5
I am grateful for the opportunities I had as a student to connect with alumni, so I’m thrilled to have an easy way to pay it forward now that I’m in the working world. —Jamie Herther ’10