Whether you’re exploring your options or know what interests you, the Center for Careers and Internships provides multiple opportunities to dig deeper, explore new paths, and achieve your goals.
Our Career Communities are curated by our team of advisors to bring you the most up-to-date information on events, resources, and more. Choose a community below to explore pathways in each area. To receive individual Career Community Newsletters, subscribe via your Handshake profile under the Career Interests section or fill out this form. (Note newsletter subscriptions are only open to those with Handshake accounts.)
- Arts, Media, and Communication
- Business, Finance, and Consulting
- Government, Law, and Policy
- Social Impact Careers: Environment and Energy, International Development, Social Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility
*Are you interested in Health Professions or Science Research? These paths are covered by specialist advisors in the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research. Contact Mary Lothrop or Hannah Benz for more information.
Be sure to explore our signature programs which take place throughout the year or are available virtually:
- Field Guides - Alumni panelists help you think broadly about where your academic work may lead in a professional context.
- Future Forward - Features alumni and parents who are leaders in their respective career communities sharing their perspectives and action steps you can take to entry into those career fields
- Live From DC - A live webinar designed to engage alumni speakers in topics of interest driven by current events, frequently having policy implications and an array of career opportunity dynamics.
- MIDDVantage - A virtual career exploration program featuring discussions with individual Middlebury alumni who share industry insights and perspectives on how to enter a field.
- Student Treks - Connects you with alumni and organizations during onsite visits and job shadowing experiences.
- UpNext - Brings alumni in a specific career path to campus to give you an insider’s understanding of that industry.