- Labor Day: Monday, September 4, 2023
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2024
- Independence Day: Thursday, July 4, 2024
On Floating Holidays, each department will determine whether or not to close operations. Those that remain open will determine the appropriate staffing level, based on operational needs. If a benefits-eligible regularly scheduled staff member takes off a Floating Holiday, CTO must be recorded on the employee’s time card. Most full- and part-time benefits-eligible staff (those that are eligible for CTO) are eligible for floating holidays.
The 2023-24 holiday schedule is:
- Thanksgiving Break: 12:00 a.m. Wednesday, November 22, through 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 24, 2023 *(Recess begins 11/17)
- December Break: 12:00 a.m. Friday, December 22, 2023, through 11:59 p.m. Monday, January 1, 2024 *(Recess begins 12/18)
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 15, 2024
EARN MIDD Holiday should be entered in Oracle time cards for any regularly scheduled hours that benefits-eligible, hourly (non-exempt) staff normally work during the holiday schedule.
EARN MIDD Holiday Worked should be entered in Oracle time cards by any hourly (non-exempt) staff who work on a designated regular holiday. This will pay time and a half to any staff member working on a holiday and may be earned in addition to Holiday pay (for benefits-eligible staff).
Supervisors should ensure that employees are entering their time correctly.
ALL ENTRY BELOW MUST BE MADE IN ORACLE TIMECARDS
|Worked on Regular Holiday||Did not work on Regular Holiday|
|No action.||No action.|
Hourly Staff -Benefits-eligible
|Enter EARN MIDD Holiday for any hours you would normally have worked,
Enter EARN MIDD Holiday Worked for the hours you actually worked.*
|Enter EARN MIDD Holiday for any hours you would normally have worked.|
Hourly Staff -Non benefits-eligible
|Enter EARN MIDD Holiday Worked for the hours you actually worked.*||No action.|
|Snow Bowl and Rikert Employees||Enter Regular hours for the hours you actually worked*||No action.|
* Remember to enter hours on the correct shift.
Additional information can be found in the Holidays section of the Middlebury Handbook. Please contact Human Resources if you have additional questions.