All College account holders have the ability to print on campus. The printers you can use depend on whether you are a student, faculty, or staff. This page can help you figure out how and where to print by providing a list of:
- public black and white printers on campus available to College account holders
- public color printers on campus available to College account holders
- public plotters (poster printers) available to all students, faculty, and staff
- department printers available to faculty and staff
Public Printer Locations
There are a number of printers for general use. Print jobs can be sent to these printers from a computer connected to the college network; see public printer queues below.
A print job sent to a public printer will require the user to release it at the printer. Plotter jobs will be released at a nearby print release station.
To check a public printer’s status, log into PaperCut at go/printerstatus.
Having printer problems? Refer to Getting Help with Printer Issues to learn who can best assist.
Public Printer Queues
MiddBW & MiddColor
Print jobs sent to either of these queues can be released at any of these public units.
Public printer locations for the Middlebury Campus:
- Armstrong Library (McCardell Bicentennial Hall) 155 & 203
- Axinn Center, near 105
- Chateau 001, Atwater Commons Study
- Davis Family Library 142, 242, & 303
- LaForce Hall 122
- Mahaney Arts Center, near Box Office
- McCullough Student Center (lobby outside MiddXpress)
- Proctor Hall, Woodstove Lounge (main level)
Public printer locations for the Bread Loaf Campus in Ripton, VT:
- Apple Cellar
- Davison Library
Public printer locations for the Middlebury Institute in Monterey:
- William Tell Coleman Library, (1st and 2nd Floors)
- Samson Student Center (Reading Room to the left)
- McGowan Building, 411 Pacific St. (1st floor lobby)
Note: Jobs sent to MiddBW will print double-sided in black and white. Jobs sent to MiddColor print single-sided in color. You can change these default settings on screen or at the printer by adjusting the single or double-sided options.
Davis Family Library 242
Poster/Plotter Printer Locations
Two public plotters are available. Print jobs sent to the POSTERS queue can be released at either of these units:
- Davis Family Library 242
- Armstrong Library, bottom floor cubby (McCardell Bi-Hall) 155
Armstrong Library must be open in order for you to retrieve your print job from the plotter. See go/hours.
About Plotter (Poster) Printers
Plotters are for students, faculty, and staff to print posters and other large format items. Plotters:
- Do not support mobility print. You must submit poster print requests from nearby computers.
- Take longer than most printers to process jobs.
- Will cut the paper for you when the print job is done. Please be patient and wait for job to cut on its own! Tearing can cause considerable damage to the printer.
- Open your poster.
- Send it to POSTERS. (Note: Mobility Print from your own computer cannot be used due to unsupported page sizes.)
- Release the job from the plotter release station.
- Your account will be charged $1.50 per linear foot.
- Wait several minutes for your print job to be completed. Do not tear the poster from the plotter. Wait for it to be cut for you. Tearing the poster can cause expensive damage to the printer.
List of Department Printers (faculty or staff login credentials required)
Department machines fall into two categories:
Multi-function can print, copy, scan, and fax.
- Full-size multi-function printers can print up to 11”x17” size paper.
- Desk top multi-function printer can print up to 11”x14” (legal) size paper.
Stand-alone printers. ITS policy is to reduce existing stand-alone printers by attrition. If a stand-alone printer fails and there is a multi-function machine nearby, the printer will not be replaced.
The college leases multi-function machines, and they are located in all campus office buildings. In some cases where there is no multi-function machine on the same floor or it is located some distance away from an office, there are ITS-provided stand-alone printers. These printers will be assessed by ITS for replacement. All ITS machines are included in our SymQuest leasing program and will be replaced on a 4-year cycle.
Please note that faculty and staff can also print to and copy on any of the public printers/copiers noted above.
These leased machines are connected to the college network; many individuals may use. These machines print, copy, and scan.
- On machines displaying a SymQuest tag, problems should be reported to SymQuest’s toll-free number on the tag.
- When a machine is nearing its replacement cycle date, the replacement model will be determined after discussing options with someone from the department and SymQuest.
- Toner replacement is automatic. It is delivered to the department as the machine approaches a point SymQuest sets as close to finishing the current toner cartridge. If you do not receive the preparatory toner cartridge, please contact SymQuest to learn when it will be shipped.
- Toner Recycling: Place empty cartridges in a campus recycling bin.
- Paper should be ordered through W.B. Mason.
Confidential Printing Konica Minolta and Kyocera Multi-function Machines
- Konica Minolta Guide
- Konica Minolta Secure Print. Click on Guide link above. Choose Print, then choose either Printing in the Windows Environment or Printing in the Mac OS Environment. Choose Printing Options, then choose Printing Highly Confidential Documents (Secure Print) for detailed instructions.
- Kyocera Private Print
ITS does not support or network department-purchased printers.
College-owned: These machines were purchased prior to the introduction of multi-function machines and are not on a replacement cycle.
- On printers with a SymQuest tag displayed, problems should be reported to SymQuest’s toll-free number on the tag.
- When a machine is determined to be too costly to repair or is non-repairable, a decision will be made after discussing options with someone from the department and repair technician.
- Toner for machines with a SymQuest tag MUST be purchased from SymQuest in order to comply with the college’s contractual agreement that includes free labor for repairs.
- Toner for non-SymQuest tagged machines is purchased by the department.
Information Technology Services
Davis Family Library 202
Middlebury, VT 05753