The application is now open! Deadline to apply is May 1.
*Incoming MIIS students should not submit an application. Please email us for more information if you are an incoming student.
Before Starting the Application
1. You will need to select the following to access the application for English Preparation for Graduate Studies:
- School: Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
- Level: Short Term Language Programs
- Program: English Preparation for Graduate Studies
- Term: Summer 2019
2. Prepare and type your short essays. You will copy and paste this statement into the application.
Here are the questions you will need to answer:
- Describe your academic background
- Describe your program of study after completing EPGS
- What English skill(s) do you consider your strongest
- What English skill(s) do you think need the most improvement
- What is your TOEFL or IELTS test score? We will request verification of this score at a later date. Your iBT TOEFL score must be an 80 or above. Your IELTS score must be 6.5 or above.
3. Have a credit card ready to pay the non-refundable application fee of $50.00.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card and Diners Club.
Paper applications are available by request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Completing the Application
Applicants are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Score reports should be sent directly to the Admissions Office of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. For TOEFL score submissions, use the four-digit institution code 4507. A department code is not required.
After applicants are accepted into the EPGS program, they will receive a welcome packet with an official letter of acceptance. For those applicants who require immigration documents, detailed instructions on how to obtain an I-20 document for F-1 visa status will be sent to you upon admission into the program.