In 2020 Middlebury Language Schools partnered with the Ministry of Education of Spain through the Embassy of Spain in the US to provide funding for our Spanish MA degrees to qualified alumni of the Ministry of Education Auxiliares de Conversación program - NALCAP - in recognition of their commitment to language and cross-cultural exchange.
Alumni are eligible for our need-based graduate financial aid and an application fee waiver. Our financial aid is awarded in the form of grants, not loans. This means that if you qualify, you will attend the School of Spanish at a reduced cost.
Depending on your demonstrated financial need and degree track as follows, you are eligible to receive:
- MA in four summers on the Vermont campus: Up to $42,000 (100 percent)
- MA in 3 summers on the Vermont campus and one summer in Buenos Aires: Up to $42,000 (100 percent)
- MA with an initial summer in Vermont, followed by an academic year in Madrid: Up to $29,000 (47 percent)
- MA with an initial summer in Vermont, followed by an academic year in Madrid, and a final summer in Vermont: Up to $39,000 (54 percent)
- You may have completed your assignment in Spain or have been a Spanish assistant elsewhere in the world.
- You must meet the admissions requirements to your graduate degree program.
- You must complete your Auxiliares de Conversación or Language Assistant program by the time of enrollment, though you may be currently in the program during the time of application.
- U.S. and international applicants will be given the same consideration.
You are encouraged to apply as early as possible, however you can apply up until our final application deadline.
Application and Financial Aid
Please review the graduate program application requirements and instructions.
Once you have started your application (and before you have submitted it), please email the School of Spanish at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your application fee waiver.
Once the waiver has been processed (typically within 24 hours), submit your application with the required transcripts, letters of recommendation, and language assessment.
When you apply, indicate in the short answer questions that you’re affiliated with Auxiliares de Conversación.
Upon submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email which will include a link to our need-based financial aid application. Please complete and submit this application.