For the summer of 2020, the Middlebury Language Schools will offer scholarships for students enrolled at Historically Black Colleges, Tribal Colleges, and Hispanic Serving Institutions.
Recipients of these scholarships will receive funding to cover the total fee (tuition, room & board) for one summer.
This opportunity is open to all students who meet the below criteria, regardless of citizenship. Scholarships are limited and highly competitive. Students are strongly encouraged to also apply for regular Middlebury need-based financial aid.
- Meet all requirements for Language School admission.
- Be currently enrolled full-time at either a Historically Black College and University or a Hispanic Serving Institution or a Tribal College/University.
- Show strong demonstrated interest (could include but not limited to previous coursework, volunteer work using language, internship, travel, or study abroad) in any of the eleven languages taught.
- Show high academic achievement
- Have the support of their home institution.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM EST, December 15.
Once the Language School application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email in which you will find a link to the application for the HBCU Fellowship as well as other merit scholarships.
- Middlebury Language Schools online application, which includes the following:
- Application fee ($75 or fee waiver)
- Official transcript(s)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Online scholarship form, which includes the following:
- A brief essay explaining why you wish to study a foreign language and how you plan to use the language skills you acquire. Why are you passionate about the language? This is in addition to the essay required for the School application. Please submit on the online scholarship form.
- An additional letter of recommendation from a dean, faculty member, or program director indicating that your home institution supports your application for this scholarship, which should be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sent to:
Middlebury Language Schools
14 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753
Notification of Scholarship
Students will be notified about the status of the fellowship by email on or around February 1.