The Portuguese School online program is now full, and we are no longer accepting applications.
The Portuguese School 6-week online program for this summer includes:
- An energetic and vigorous online curriculum that includes both synchronous and asynchronous class time and live and virtual activities.
- Placement and exit tests.
- Workshops including Portuguese Language for the Professions, Sounds and Variants of Portuguese, WhatsApp Language and Slangs, and Drawing and Creative Writing.
- Live music, lectures, demonstrations capoeira movements, samba dance, typical musical instruments, and how to make masks.
- Virtual performance of one of the most influential writers in late Brazilian modernism’s poetry both orally and in form of modern dance performance.
- Virtual tour to the best-kept secrets of Brazil’s landscape and cuisine.
- Connection with E-pals from the Lusophone world.
- Specific guidance and preparation for those interested in taking Celpe-Bras. Exam will be available.
Dates and Fees
|Dates||June 22–July 31 (6 weeks)|
|Credits||9 semester hours (3 Middlebury units)|
|Tuition and Fees||$6,600|
|Hours||3.5 hours a day|
|Time Block||Class and activities: 4:00–7:30 p.m. EDT|
Level 1: Beginning Portuguese
Level 2: Intermediate Portuguese 1
Level 3: Intermediate Portuguese III
Level 4: Advanced Portuguese
|Luci Moreira De Biaji Moreira (Director)||University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Ph.D.; teaches at the College of Charleston|
|Irene de Amaral||University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth Ph.D.; teaches at Rhode Island College|
|Claudia Lyra||San Diego State University MA. Oversees and teaches at Portuguese and Arts School in San Diego (BRAPA)|
|Márcia F. Negri||Universidade Federal de São Carlos Ph.D.; teaches at University of Miami|
|Alan F. Parma||Ph.D. and teaches at Florida State University|
|Regina Santos||University of North Carolina Chapel Hill Ph.D.|
|André Zampaulo||The Ohio State University Ph.D.; teaches at California State University, Fullerton|
- Electronic check-in and orientation sessions are scheduled prior to June 22.
- Please see additional information on our Accepted Student website.
- Levels offered will be based on meeting course enrollments. Enrollment is capped to ensure high quality instruction. Please apply early to secure a spot. Should it become necessary to cancel a program or cap the enrollment, we will notify students and refund the deposit.