The Center for Careers and Internships at Middlebury College welcomes you this summer. We offer variety of programs, events, and resources to help with your career development.
Career Advising Appointments
CCI Advisors are available to help you evaluate career possibilities or look for opportunities. While each advisor focuses on specific career paths, all of our advisors are well equipped to assist you with your career development process.
Language School students and alumni may schedule a 30-minute appointment with an advisor. Appointments are held weekdays in Adirondack House. To request an in-person or video-chat appointment, complete our form.
Networking and Career Opportunity Resources
Note: Our Handshake platform is only available for Middlebury students enrolled in a Middlebury degree program.
GoinGlobal is the leading provider of both country-specific career and employment information. The site will aid in your development of global competencies and knowledge about the world; supporting your search for international jobs, internships, and volunteer experiences. To access these materials, go to the GoinGlobal page, and login with your Middlebury username and password.
- Country Career Guides and U.S. City Career Guides
- Key Employer Directory with corporate profiles for 100,000+ companies
- More than 600,000 internship and job listings (updated daily)
Language Schools LinkedIn Group - A group of around 2,000 Language Schools’ alumni networking and sharing professional opportunities.
Language Schools Facebook Page - A place for almost 10,000 Language Schools’ alumni to connect with one another.
A Site For Language Professionals - Developed by Winnie Heh, Career Advisor for Translation, Interpretation and Localization Management Programs at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS)
- Transitions Abroad - The guide to travel, work, study and living abroad with a purpose
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions.
Arts, Media and Communications
- Asian American Advertising Federation - The 3AF’s mission is to advance the Asian American marketing and advertising industry for Asian American consumers through education, advocacy, promotion, and increased collaboration of all industry stakeholders including but not limited to marketers, agencies, research partners and media. Additionally, 3AF seeks to promote and encourage high standards of conduct and ethics among our members and our industry.
- Multicultural Marketing Resources - Publisher of newsletters, a consulting firm to corporations seeking information and a marketing firm for multicultural ad agencies seeking visibility and connections.
- Lagardere Media Hachette Livre - French publisher
- Hubert Burda Media - Media/publishing group with headquarters in Munich, offices in NY
- Bertelsmann - Headquarters Gutersloh, Germany; corporate center in NYC
- Nippon TV - Broadcast television network with headquarters in Tokyo, US offices in DC, NY, LA
- Fuji Television Network - Headquarters in Tokyo, US offices in DC, NY, LA
- Nintendo Company Ltd. - Headquarters in Kyoto, offices in Redmond, WA
- KBS America - Subsidiary of Korean Broadcasting System with headquarters in LA, offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, TX, KS, Atlanta, Chicago, Tampa, DC, New Jersey, NYC, Toronto
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic; Office in DC
- Telemundo - Broadcast television network with headquarters in Doral, FL
- Univision - Broadcast television network with headquarters in New York, NY
Business, Technology, and Localization
- Multilingual Careers - MultiLingual covers topics regarding the critical intersection of language and business. The blog multilingual.com/insights covers language topics such as translationthe process of converting all of the text or words from the source language to the target language. An understanding of the context or meaning of the source language must be established in order to convey the same message in the target language. “>translation, localization and global markets, individual skills and emerging technologies, enablers and barriers, knowledge and speculation.
- Search Associates - An educational placement firm specializing in the placement of teachers, administrators and interns with international schools throughout the world.
- U.S. Department of Defense Schools Worldwide - There are 164 schools in 11 different countries. You are employed by the U.S. government to teach children of military personnel.
- United States Department of State, Office of Overseas Schools - Lists 180 American sponsored schools located in 133 countries. These schools are assisted by the U.S. State Department but are independent and non-governmental.
Government, Law, and Policy
- Global Impact – International Jobs in the Government. Pulls together all of the information about globally-oriented government jobs into one concise package.
- Go Government - A project of the Partnership for Public Service, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that works to revitalize our federal government by inspiring a new generation to serve and by transforming the way government works. This site is designed to be your guide as you consider, apply, and secure federal employment. Provides help with researching federal agencies and government careers as well as practical tips for completing your application.
- GotoThinkTank - A interactive, global, comprehensive, multi-sectoral database and directory of think tanks.
- Discover Law - With access to experts, inspiring stories about law school graduates, answers to frequently asked questions, and more, DiscoverLaw.org provides students with resources, tips, and tools on how to become a competitive law school applicant.
- U.S. Department of State - Foreign Service opportunities
Social and Human Impact
- Idealist -Idealist is all about connecting idealists – people who want to do good – with opportunities for action and collaboration. With more than 120,000 organizations and 1.4 million monthly visitors to our English, and Spanish (idealistas.org) sites, Idealist helps people move from intention to action all over the world.
Translation and Interpretation
Audio and multimedia development for tours
- Antenna International - Eriksen also partners with companies such as Antenna International to develop audio, multimedia, and virtual tours to help enrich museum visitors’ experiences.
- Tour-Mate Systems Ltd (Toronto) - Works extensively with attractions that provide multiple language tours. Clients include: The Biltmore Estate, National Park Service, The Alamo
- Certified Languages International - For people with language skills who are interested in the healthcare field, medical translation could be a way to use those skills. On site, this can be in the waiting room, helping people understand medical and insurance forms, or it could be in the hospital room, helping the patient and the provider to communicate more effectively. Some of this work can also be done remotely.
Museum documents translation
- Eriksen Translations - Eriksen works with many prominent museums, both domestically and abroad, helping them make exhibition materials accessible to international visitors as well as local non-English speaking communities. Clients include: American Museum of Natural History, The Frick Collection, Getty, Guggenheim, The Met, Museum of Fine Arts Boston, MoMA, National Gallery of Art, National Park Service, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Whitney
- Alboum Translation Services - The only translation services agency specifically for nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. You must be a professionally certified translator. Clients include: Smithsonian Institute National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institute National Air and Space Museum, Shakespeare Theater Company
- Multilingual Connections - Translation, transcription, and multimedia localization
- Acclaro - Clients include: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Andy Warhol Museum, The Guggenheim