The Patrick J. Durkin, Class of 1979, Public Service Leadership Awards honor students’ service and leadership in public and community affairs.
The PSLAs were inaugurated in 1994 through the support of Patrick Durkin ’79.
2021 Public Service Leadership Awards
The Center for Community Engagement celebrated the 28th Annual Public Service Leadership Awards on April 28, 2021 from 7:00-8:30 p.m. At the remote award ceremony, we honored awardees to make a donation to a non-profit of their choice.
Questions? Contact Kailee Brickner-McDonald at email@example.com or 802-443-3010.
The Center for Community Engagement awards six student Public Service Leadership Awards as well as:
- The Dana Morosini Reeve ‘84 Memorial Public Service Award, given to the student who best exemplifies Dana’s spirit and determination as she tirelessly and selflessly devoted her life to caring for her husband Christopher Reeve and, through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, to her work as an advocate for all those with spinal cord injuries
- The John M. McCardell Jr. Public Service Award, given to the student who best exemplifies efforts that bring Middlebury, both the College and the Town, more closely together for a public benefit. In this way, we honor the values to which John had been so strongly committed during his tenure as president and celebrate others who continue the tradition of this very important work
- The Bonnie McCardell Public Service Award, given to a student for actions in support of youth and who best exemplifies outreach in one of the following areas: (1) youth and family services, (2) literacy, and (3) the special needs that arise during the critical middle and early high school years
- The Tiffany Nourse Sargent ‘79 Engaged Partnership Award: Given to honor an educational partnership between Middlebury College and a community organization to address community needs. The partnership honored could be a collaboration that supported academic coursework, research, student organization(s), or another meaningful learning endeavor.
Public Service Leadership Awards
- Benjy Renton ‘21
- Izzy Hartnett ‘21.5
- Mel Payne ‘21
- Flor Fernandez Montes ‘21
- Trishabelle Manzano ‘21
- Mai Thuong ‘22
The John M. McCardell Jr. Public Service Award
Van Barth ‘21
The Bonnie McCardell Public Service Award
Mollie Ockene ‘21
The Dana Morosini Reeve ‘84 Memorial Public Service Award
Olivia O’Brien ‘21 and Alex Burns ‘21.5
The Tiffany Nourse Sargent ‘79 Engaged Partnership Award