So you’re back on campus after spending a semester or a year studying in a foreign country.
You’re ready to tell your stories, share your pictures and reminisce about your days abroad. But how can you do this? Well, actually there are lots of ways to continue your international experience.
- Continue taking language courses: if you studied in a language taught at Middlebury while abroad, take a language class.
- Start a new language! It is never too late to start something new!
- Enroll in courses with an international focus: be sure to let your professors know that you were recently abroad—your input and first hand experience will add to class discussions. Some such courses offered at Middlebury include: International Politics Geopolitics of the Middle East Women, Culture, and Power in Comparative Perspective Theories of Economic Development in Latin America Modern Africa Hindu Traditions of India
- Language Tables: take advantage of this opportunity to not only speak in your language of study, but to also share your stories from abroad.
- Get involved in International-oriented organizations on campus, some of which include: Alianza Latinamericana y Caribeña (ALC) Amnesty International Arabesque French Club German Club Habitat for Humanity International International Students’ Organization (ISO) Italian Club MchakaMchaka Organización Latinamericana y Española (Olé) Russian & Eastern European Society (REES) South Asian Club Voices of Indigenous People AND many more!
- Study Abroad Photo Contest: start thinking about what photos you want to submit to the Middlebury College Study Abroad Photo Contest (See International Programs for information). Share those glimpses of your time abroad with the Middlebury College community and have a chance to win great prizes!
- Send us your photos, blog posts, and stories for use on our social media channels, or let us know if you’d like to be featured in a student profile. And follow us on Instagram @middleburyschoolsabroad.
- Be a study abroad volunteer: Contact us to find out how.
- DJ: contact WRMC to see about hosting a show featuring international music.
- Write: submit an article to the Campus or other college magazine.
- Volunteer: share your experience with local school children or read to them in your language of study.
- Language Houses: live in a language house. If you can’t live there, find out how you can become involved in their activities.
- Middlebury College Language Schools: spend a summer at one of the Language Schools. Learn a new language, continue with an old language, or even start a graduate program! (Masters programs offered through the Language Schools are in Spanish, French, German, Russian and Italian.)
- Middlebury Institute of International Studies: if you’re thinking about an internationally-focused career, consider Middlebury’s MA programs. Students who have participated in the Schools Abroad, Language Schools, Ambassador Corps, or School of the Environment are guaranteed a $5,000 scholarship for each program they attend!
- Center for Careers and Internships: research overseas employment opportunities at CCI You just might be able to find a job that will get you back to where you studied!
- Student Fellowships and Scholarships: Find out about international fellowships and scholarships.
Sunderland Language Center, First Floor
356 College Street
Middlebury, VT 05753