COVID-19: Essential Information


The following are some fellowships and scholarships that Political Science majors might want to apply for.  A more complete list is available at the Student Fellowships Office.

The Beinecke Scholarship for students in the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences in order to "pursue opportunities available to them and to be courageous in the selection of a graduate course of study."

The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Fellowship hires students to work for one year in the D.C. offices of the Carnegie Endowment.

The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Program provides funding for graduate education for those interested in careers in foreign service.

The Fullbright U.S. Student Scholar Program provides grants for teaching, research, and other opportunities abroad.

The Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship awards funding to those preparing to enter the US Department of State Foreign service.

The Truman Scholarship Program "recognizes students with interests in graduate or professional study and careers in public affairs and public service."

The Udall Fellowship is for students who either intend to pursue careers related to the environment or to Native American or Alaska Native students who plan to follow careers in the fields of health care or tribal public policy.

The USAID Donald M. Payne International Development Fellowship provides funding for graduate education, Capitol Hill and USAID internships, and other support for prospective USAID foreign service officers. 

The Vermont Law School Environmental Scholarship provides funding for a Vermont Law School Juris Doctor (JD) degree, a Masters in Environmental Law and Policy degree or a joint JD/Masters degree in Environmental Law and Policy.

Updated August 2014