Domestic Off-Campus Study Programs


Please note that Middlebury students must apply for pre-approval for these programs.  Begin your application by selecting a program.

Middlebury students can study for a semester at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey (MIIS) in International Environmental Policy, Linguistics, and Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies.  Interested students should contact Charlotte Tate, Assistant Director of the Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs.
Middlebury also has semester exchange programs with Spelman College, Swarthmore College and several Vermont independent colleges (Bennington College, Burlington College, Champlain College, Goddard College, Green Mountain College, Marlboro College, Norwich University, Saint Michael’s College, Southern Vermont College, and Sterling College). Middlebury students must apply for exchanges through International Programs, and spaces are limited.

Students studying on the Swarthmore and Spelman exchanges pay Middlebury's comprehensive fee (financial aid applies). Middlebury students studying through the AVIC exchange pay Middlebury's tuition (Middlebury's tuition costs) and pay room and board to the host institution (the host institution's room and board fees). Middlebury students eligible for financial aid may take financial aid to the AVIC exchange institutions (based on the cost of the program). All students applying for the AVIC exchange must apply for financial aid at their home institution.

Contact Stacey Thebodo, Assistant Director of International Programs, if you are interested in domestic off-campus study programs (except MIIS, see above).