Orientation trips are a long standing tradition at Middlebury and offer the opportunity to begin your college experience with a small group of classmates and student leaders! After spending 4 days on campus, all students will depart on a MiddView Trip. All of the trips are 3-days, 2 nights, with exception of the trips for transfer and exchange students.
MiddView Trips are organized into four categories:
- Community Engagement
- Vermont Exploration
- Wilderness Explorations
- Transfer and Exchange Day trips
Quick Facts about the MiddView Trips program:
- All trips are free and every student participates
- First years students:
- During registration you will pick your top 4 trip preferences, and we will place you on one of those trips.
- Trip assignments will be sent out in July
- Once you are assigned a trip, there will be an opportunity to reserve gear to borrow for your trip - at no cost
- Transfer and Exchange students: We will share the day trip itineraries with you when you come to campus in September
Trips registration was due June 12, 2016!