Each summer, we will offer an advanced online course on a special topic in Russian grammar or stylistics. These courses are intended for students with at least three years of Russian (or the equivalent) who wish to take a “deep dive” into an advanced topic and explore the subtleties of usage by educated native speakers of Russian.
This summer’s advanced online offering will be Russian Verbs of Motion, an intensive study of Russian verbs of motion, with an emphasis on the rapid acquisition of related vocabulary. Classes will meet for 1.5 hours daily, Monday through Friday, for four weeks. Classes will be held online via Zoom, with course materials shared on Canvas. Each course will be offered for three semester hours (one MIddlebury unit) of credit at the undergraduate level. Class meetings will be scheduled to accommodate a wide range of work and family schedules.
Summer 2022 Dates and Fees
Dates: June 27 - July 22
Credits: 3 semester hours (1 Middlebury unit)
Classes will meet for 1.5 synchronous hours daily, Monday through Friday, at a time to be scheduled, for 4 weeks.
Application Deadline: May 15
Please apply using the Language Schools online application. On the application, select “Summer Language Immersion: Beginner Thru Advanced.” The Advanced Online Course will appear as a program option in the drop-down list.
- Applicants should have studied Russian for at least three years (or the equivalent) in the past. Their current speaking proficiency should be Intermediate Mid or higher on the ACTFL scale. Proficiency testing may be required.
- The application fee is waived for online course applicants.
- Alumni of the School of Russian, Middlebury College, or Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey do not need to submit supplementary materials.
- New applicants should email their scanned university transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students registered in the 8-week program or 6-week graduate program may not take the advanced online course, as they are already registered in a full-time course load.
Financial aid is not available for this course, as students are considered to be registered part-time.
For more information, please contact the School of Russian at 802-443-2006 or email@example.com.