Return to the School of Russian and refresh your language skills during our One-Week Refresher Course, designed for alumni or other students with a solid foundation in Russian who have been away from the language for a while, from a few years to a few decades.
Participate in three hours of Russian language instruction daily with School of Russian faculty and experience our rich cultural program. Enrollment is limited to 12 students.
This summer, our course will be devoted to the topic of Движение (Motion). We will review and expand your knowledge of grammatical, lexical and syntactic ways to express motion in Russian (including verbs of motion, of course!), read and discuss literary texts and films dealing with this topic, sing songs and recite poetry with a strong 'motion' component, while at the same time refreshing all four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) and grammar.
- Daily lessons on Russian grammar, vocabulary development, and phonetics
- Discussions of current events and literature
- Full participation in the Russian School’s cultural program
- Special events include a theater and music workshop, a game night, and meeting with a guest of the Russian School
Participants also have the opportunity to attend our rich variety of evening cocurricular activities, including films, guest speakers, presentations and cultural clubs.
Summer 2020 Dates and Fees
Dates: July 26 - August 2
Application Deadline: May 15
Please apply using the Language School online application. On the application, select “Summer Language Immersion: Beginner Thru Advanced.” The One-Week Refresher Course will appear as a program option.
- Alumni of the Russian School or Middlebury College do not need to pay the application fee or submit supplementary materials.
- New applicants should pay the application fee and email their scanned university transcripts to email@example.com.
Financial aid is not available for this program, as it is not offered for academic credit.
For more information, please contact the School of Russian at 802-443-2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.