Return to the School of Russian and refresh your language skills during our 4-Week Refresher Course, designed for alumni or other students with a solid foundation in Russian who have been away from the language for a while, from a few years to a few decades.
Over four weeks, participate in one hour of Russian language instruction daily with School of Russian faculty and experience our rich cultural program. Enrollment is limited to 12 students. Classes will be held online via Zoom, with course materials posted on Canvas.
Previously offered for one week on campus, the 4-week online Refresher will make the most of the remote format and available technology, while keeping the focus on reactivating your Russian language skills through engaging activities and conversation practice. The daily hour of instruction will be scheduled to accommodate a wide range of work and family schedules.
- Daily lessons on Russian grammar, vocabulary development, and phonetics
- Discussions of current events and literature
- Full participation in the Russian School’s cultural program
- Guest speakers, games, workshops, and other special events
Summer 2021 Dates and Fees
Dates: June 28 - July 23 (4 weeks)
Classes will meet for one synchronous hour daily, Monday through Friday, at a time to be scheduled. This program is not for credit.
Application Deadline: May 15
Please apply using the Language School online application. On the application, select “Summer Language Immersion: Beginner Thru Advanced.” The 4-Week Refresher Course will appear as a program option.
- Applicants should have studied Russian for at least three years (or the equivalent) in the past. Their current speaking proficiency should be Intermediate Mid or higher on the ACTFL scale. Proficiency testing may be required.
- Alumni of the Russian School or Middlebury College do not need to pay the application fee or submit supplementary materials.
- New applicants should pay the application fee and email their scanned university transcripts to email@example.com.
Financial aid is not available for this program, as it is not offered for academic credit.