You do not need to take the TOEFL to apply. You are also not required to submit a transcript or letter of recommendation.
Once you log on to the online application*:
- New applicants select Sign up (upper right-hand corner). Type First Name, Last Name, Email. Select Submit
- Email will be sent with link to Start your application here
- Create Password and click Start a New Application
- Under Middlebury Language Schools-Language Pledge® select Start Application
- Select English Language School
- Select your program/language - English.
- Select Start Application
*Admitted MIIS students: Email email@example.com (Do not submit an application)
|1st Deadline||February 1|
|2nd Deadline||March 15|
|Final Deadline||May 1|
Space is limited, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
We may ask you for a short online interview after we receive your application.
- If we interview you, you will have an official admission decision within two days of your interview.
- If we do not interview you, you will have an official admission decision within five days of your application.
International Student Visa Information
Non-U.S. citizens who are not U.S. legal permanent residents must have a non-immigrant visa status which allows them to enroll in courses full-time. Tourist status does not allow full-time study.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey will assist eligible students with obtaining a non-immigrant visa status. If visa support is needed, ISSS will reach out by email with specific instructions for non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents.
Most international students attend in F-1 (student) status. To be eligible to apply for F-1 status, you first must obtain an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility Form from Middlebury. Information about how to obtain the I-20 will be sent in the initial email from ISSS. ISSS also will provide information about the visa application process when they issue the I-20.
Please be aware that it can take several weeks after you submit the required documentation for ISSS to issue the I-20, at which point you will be able to apply for a visa appointment. ISSS is not able to issue an I-20 form until the non-refundable enrollment deposit has been received.