Programs at Middlebury
Middlebury Institute - Monterey
Many opportunities are available on the Monterey Middlebury campus. Take a look at the various programs.
Summer 2023 Undergraduate Fellowship in Nonproliferation Studies
Nonproliferation Internships and Scholarships
Middlebury Climate Action Fellowship
Find out more information here- Middlebury Climate Action Fellowship
More details on the program here. Application here.
Applications welcome March 6-April 7, 2023.
Friday, March 10, 12:30pm on Zoom
Still searching for an organization to work with? Looking to refine a project idea? Join us for an info session or reach out to Minna Brown (mbbrown@middlebury) or Patrick Wickstrom (email@example.com) with these and any other questions.
Innovation Hub Programs
Middlebury students develop through a multitude of opportunities on and off campus.
Through funding, classes, workshops, and mentoring, as well as dedicated workspaces for ideation and collaboration, the Innovation Hub guides and supports students who want to explore and expand their creative ideas. Visit the Innovation Hub website to find out more about the programs they offer.
Middlebury Alternative Break (MAlt)
The goal of MAlt is to engage Middlebury students with communities across the nation and the globe in order to share an experience, provide service where service is needed, and learn about the systems that shape community realities around the world. These trips take place over February break. Visit here for more information.
MuseumWorks Summer Internship
MuseumWorks takes students behind the scenes of art museums, history museums, libraries, archives, natural history collections, and more.
- Interns learn about the daily functioning of cultural institutions while working with mentors on projects at the Middlebury College Museum of Art, Special Collections & Archives, Bicentennial Hall, and the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History.
- Interns also participate in a professional development curriculum preparing them for satisfying and ethical careers in cultural and biodiversity heritage. Sessions will include field trips, career conversations, discussion sections, and more.
- Stipend: $3,500 (USD, taxable). Interns are eligible for on-campus room & board.
- Students from all majors are invited to apply.
For more information, visit their webpage.
Summer Research Opportunities through CTLR
Each summer at Middlebury, over 175 students are engaged in on-campus and remote research with a faculty mentor, in topics ranging from biochemistry to philosophy.
Students generally receive a stipend provided by faculty grants or college endowed funds. Positions are available through individual faculty members.
Students should contact potential faculty mentors before March. The deadline for faculty to apply for SRA funding is March 1, 2023.
For more information, visit their webpage.
Funding for Unpaid Summer Internships through CTLR
Available grants through the competitive grant process:
- $4000 Summer Internship Funding Grants
- $1000 First-Year Explore Grants
- $1000 Arts Grants
* Grant applications are due Friday, April 7th - one deadline only.
** Students are not eligible if they have previously received a $3000 or $3500 competitive grant from CCI or if they are seniors graduating in May. Students must also be enrolled both Spring and Fall ’23 to be eligible.
For more information and to apply:
- Read all the details: go/summerfunding.
- Students must have secured and committed to an internship before applying.
- All applicants must have a resume approved by a CCI Peer Career Advisor before April 5.
- Students apply for funding through Handshake using the step-by-step instructions: Quick Guide: CCI Competitive Summer Funding.
- Award notifications sent out May 3. Grants distributed by June 9.
Need help finding an internship?
- Handshake has over 4500 paid and unpaid internships!
- There are still great “CCI Sponsored” and “Reserved for Middlebury” internships posted in Handshake, most of which come with guaranteed funding from CCI.
- Visit CCI’s Top Tips for other ideas and strategies for finding an internship.
- Drop by Quick Questions for resume approvals, cover letters, funding questions, or to get started on your internship search.
- Visit go/Handshake and click on “Career Center,” then “Appointments” to schedule an appointment with a Career and Internship Advisor in your area of interest.
Summer SSL Internships
The Sustainability Solutions Lab (SSL) aims to provide students with an experience of professional development while working on sustainability-oriented projects throughout the campus and greater Middlebury community. Interested in a paid internship with the SSL? We hire at the beginning of every semester, including the summer.
Rohatyn Center for Global Affairs
Robert A. Jones 59 House
148 Hillcrest Road
Middlebury, VT 05753