Middlebury hosts a fall fly-in program to help prospective students experience all that our campus and community have to offer. Of course, if you are not selected for our fly-in program, we strongly encourage you to visit us in-person or virtually.
Discover Middlebury is our annual, all-expenses-paid fly-in program for students who may not otherwise have the chance to visit campus.
Who Should Apply
Change-makers. Leaders. Dreamers. Trailblazers. Intellectually curious and socially engaged students who are as dynamic as they are smart. Young people who know that college is not only a stepping stone towards a career, but also the way to make a difference in the world.
We invite applications from students who would not otherwise have the financial ability to visit campus. Students should also be intellectually motivated and interested in pursuing higher education at a liberal arts and sciences college.
Students in the U.S. who are undocumented or have DACA status are welcome to apply. Unfortunately, international students or those living outside of the U.S. are not eligible to apply.
What You Can Expect
We will offer a window into student and academic life on campus; activities are likely to include:
- Time spent exploring the Anderson Freeman Resource Center, Middlebury’s intercultural center
- Conversations with current student leaders in affinity spaces
- An academic fair–meet professors and explore support resources
- Bonding time and games with fellow participants
- Two nights enjoying the camaraderie of life in a Middlebury dorm
- A fall-themed, delicious dinner with Vermont views from Atwater dining hall
- Workshops with Middlebury’s dance crews, RIDDIM World Dance Troupe and Evolution Dance Crew
- A chat about what comes next with the Center for Careers and Internships
- The inside scoop on applying to college from our Dean of Admissions, Nicole Curvin
Discover Middlebury will be held on campus October 8th-10th, 2023. The application deadline is September 8th, 2023.
Application Requirements and Deadline
Students are responsible for completing the application and including the following:
- Unofficial high school transcript including complete grades for 9th through 11th
- A one-page statement recounting an important educational moment in your life and its impact on you
Middlebury is currently test-optional, so Discover Middlebury applicants are not required to submit self-reported scores. If scores are submitted, they will be considered in the applicant’s academic evaluation.
The application deadline is September 8th, 2023.
For questions about Discover Middlebury, call the Admissions Office at 802-443-3000 or email the Discover Middlebury team at firstname.lastname@example.org.