Middlebury hosts special visit programs at certain times throughout the year.
Discover Middlebury is our annual “fly-in” program for students who are traditionally underrepresented in higher education. We will offer a window into student and academic life on campus by including opportunities to engage with other participants, current students, alumni, faculty, and staff. This virtual fly-in program will take place October 6th-8th, 2022. The deadline to apply is September 9th, 2022.
Who Should Apply
We invite applications from domestic students who are intellectually motivated and would like to pursue higher education at a small liberal arts and sciences college, including seniors from these traditionally underrepresented groups:
- African American, Latinx, Asian American, and American Indian students
- Students of all races and ethnicities with demonstrated financial hardship
- Students who are first in their families to pursue a four-year college education
Students in the U.S. who are undocumented or have DACA status are welcome to apply. Unfortunately, international students or those living outside of the U.S. are not eligible to apply.
Application Requirements and Deadline
Students are responsible for completing the application and including the following:
- Unofficial high school transcript including complete grades for 9th through 11th
- A one-page statement addressing an important educational moment in your life and its impact on you
Middlebury is currently test-optional, so Discover Middlebury applicants are not required to submit self-reported scores. If scores are submitted, they will be considered in the applicant’s academic evaluation.
The application deadline is September 9th, 2022.
For questions about Discover Middlebury, call the Admissions Office at 802-443-3000 or email the Discover Middlebury team at firstname.lastname@example.org.