Health and Safety Information
Let’s work together to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
Vaccinations and masks required.
Additional health and safety information below.
All performances subject to change.
We are excited to welcome you back to the Mahaney Arts Center! The health and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff is our top priority. We are following all protocols and regulations set by college, local, and state health officials. This guidance may change as the season progresses, so please check back here regularly for the most accurate information. Thank you for doing your part to keep each other safe.
All staff, artists, and patrons must conduct this self-assessment prior to entering the building.
Please stay home if you can answer “yes” to any of the following:
- Do you currently feel unwell, or have a fever?
- Have you exhibited other potential symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
All staff, artists, and attendees must be fully vaccinated (or have a medical or religious exemption).
Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series vaccine, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.)
Face Masks Required
All staff, artists, and patrons are required to wear face coverings inside the MAC, including for the duration of a performance. Artists do not need to mask while on stage.
- Cloth face coverings should be made of tightly-woven fabric and ideally composed of two or three layers of material. They may not be made of lace or similarly open or web-like material. Cloth masks must fit snugly around the nose and chin to prevent air leakage.
- Face shields can be used in addition to face coverings but are not an acceptable alternative to face coverings.
- Gaiters, bandanas, and face coverings with an exhalation valve are not permitted.
- Masks will be made available upon arrival if you forgot to bring one.
- Those who refuse to wear a mask will be denied entry and will not be entitled to a refund.
There will be secure contactless mobile ticketing, which will reduce physical touchpoints. More traditional ticket delivery options will also be available. We recommend buying tickets ahead of time wherever possible to further reduce contact. For some performances, a virtual streaming ticket will also be available for purchase.
Seating for all Performances and Venues
- All venues are set to normal capacities.
- All tickets are for general admission seating.
- We will continue to have accessible seating reserved on the night of performance.
- College and student usher staff will be available to assist you or address your concerns.
- The house usually opens 30 minutes before the start of each event. Please do not arrive earlier than this time.
- Late seating is not guaranteed, so please leave ample time for parking and arrival.
- Please follow the instructions of our ushers and other MAC staff. Any visitors who do not follow these protocols will be asked to leave the premises.
Wash hands with soap and water as often as possible or use hand sanitizing stations. Stations are located throughout the building. High-touch areas will be fully sanitized as much as necessary. This will include:
- Cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces such as elevator buttons, handrails, and door handles.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- Restrooms are regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Audience seats will be sanitized before and after occupancy.
Middlebury follows or exceeds CDC recommendations for air-circulation, turnover rates, and air filtration. All performance space ventilation systems have been reviewed and filtration has been upgraded. The systems continue to be regularly cleaned and maintained.
Visitors who require an accommodation for any of the above requirements should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-443-6433 before your visit to discuss your needs. We are committed to making our facilities and programs accessible to all members of our community and we welcome feedback in achieving that goal.