Presented by the Center for Careers and Internships and co-sponsored by departments, these Field Guides bring alumni back to campus virtually to share knowledge and experience related to their post-Middlebury careers and professional lives.
Field Guides help students think broadly about where their academic work may lead them in a professional context by giving them the information they need to think critically about what they’ll do with their liberal arts major or degree after Middlebury.
Field Guide Features
- Alumni Panels: Learn how certain majors can lead to varied experience and career trajectories.
- One-on-One Career Conversations: Connect with the alumni panelists who have volunteered to meet you.
Upcoming Field Guides
International and Global Studies - November 11-12, 2021
International Politics and Economics - November 18-19, 2021 - More info coming soon!
Past Field Guides
- Geography (April 15-16, 2021)
- Education Studies (March 24-25, 2021)
- Physics (October 1-2, 2020)
- The Public Sector and Think Tanks: A Field Guide for Economics Majors (this event was led by the ECON department - September 29, 2020)
- Field Guide for Taking Your Humanities Major Anywhere (May 7-8, 2020)
- Athletics (November 14-15, 2019)
- Global and Public Health (October 3-4, 2019)
- Film and Media Culture (April 4, 2019)
- Biology (April 18, 2019)
- English and American Literature (March 14, 2019)
- Geology (February 18, 2019)
- Political Science (November 1, 2018)
- Economics (October 25, 2018)
- Sociology/Anthropology (SOAN) (Sept 14, 2018)
- Environmental Studies (March 15-16, 2018)
- International Politics and Economics (March 1-2, 2018)
- Dance (November 17, 2017)
- Computer Science (November 9-10, 2017)
- History of Art and Architecture (November 2-3, 2017)
- Theatre (October 5-6, 2017)