Political science is one of the most popular majors at Middlebury, and our majors take a variety of different career paths.
After Middlebury, many majors pursue graduate degrees in law, policy, business, or government. Others join the Peace Corps, Teach for America, or a nonprofit group. Our alumni have gone on to careers in education, policymaking, civil society, law, and many other fields.
If you are an alum and would like to update the information the College’s Alumni Office has on file for you, please submit the online update form on the Alumni Office website.
Recent Alumni Careers
These are just a few of the many interesting ways our graduates have applied their liberal arts learning to engage the world.
- CBS News/60 Minutes, Associate Producer
- New Orleans Redevelopment Authority, Project Manager
- U.S. Department of State, Foreign Service Officer
- President of the United Nations General Assembly, Special Advisor
- Popular Mechanics/Hearst Magazines, Editor in Chief
- Government of Canada, Global Affairs Policy Advisor
- U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Specialist
- Nike, Global Operations Manager
- Sustainability Roundtable, President and CEO
- World Bank, Senior Energy Specialist
- Naval Postgraduate School, Financial Advisor/Global Peace Operations Initiative
- Largent Government Solutions, LLC, Principal
- U.S. Department of Justice, Chief Counsel for Policy/National Security Division
- Snohomish County Superior Court, Judge
- Northeast-10 Conference, Commissioner
- Senator Dan Coats, Deputy Chief of Staff
- Council of Public Relations Firms, Senior Vice President/Director of Communications
- National Labor Relations Board, Senior Counsel
- International Rescue Committee, Director of Planning and Operations/Policy & Practice
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Senior Development Officer
- Goldman Sachs (Singapore), Executive Director/Global Fixed Income Management
- Campaign for Accountability, Executive Director
- Massachusetts Senate Committee on Ways and Means, Fiscal Policy Analyst