When applying for opportunities, your résumé, cover letter, and application materials are your first impression.
This can help you land an interview, so it is important to detail your experience and accomplishments clearly and concisely.
- Review our Résumé and Cover Letter Guide for all majors and industries. It outlines suggestions for creating, formatting and organizing your content, and includes suggestions for word choices.
- Review your résumé and cover letter with a peer career advisor during Quick Questions.
- Refer to the Core Professional Competencies and be sure to highlight the skills you have gained during your experiences.
- Need to a Curriculum Vitae (CV) instead of a résumé? Then schedule an appointment with one of our Advisors.
Win a $500 airline gift card
Win a $500 airline gift card by completing the CCI résumé approval process!
The Center for Careers and Internships has brought back our annual Résumé Approval Campaign that culminates in a drawing for a $500 airline gift card!
All you have to do to enter is complete your Handshake profile and have your résumé reviewed and approved by a CCI Peer Career Advisor (PCA) – (go/PCAs for their drop in hours to have your résumé reviewed.) The earlier you complete your profile and have an approved résumé, the more chances you will have to win!
To be entered to win, login to Handshake and complete these steps:
- Complete your Handshake profile by:
- Adding at least one Work Experience (volunteer experience counts!)
- Adding at least one Extracurricular Activity (high school activities are OK!)
- Adding at least one skill.
- Completing all questions on the “Career Interests” page (click on YourName>Career Interests)
- Have your résumé reviewed and approved by a Peer Career Advisor (PCA)
- Upload your approved résumé to Handshake.
- Be automatically entered into 7 weekly drawings for Middlebury Money and a grand prize of ONE $500 airline gift card.
Drawings will be held on the following days: Monday 12/13; Fridays, 1/14, 1/21, 1/28, 2/18, 2/25, and 3/4. There will be six $20 Middlebury Money gift cards and the seventh drawing is for the Grand Prize of the $500 flight gift card.
Need help creating your first résumé? Check out below for the CCI Resume and Cover Letter Guide, a 7-minute How to Create Your First College Resume video, and Sample Resumes.
Our PCAs are available to review resumes and Handshake profiles during Quick Questions hours. Visit go/PCAs for the QQ schedule and locations.
- First-Year / First-Year
- First-Year or Sophomore / First-Year or Sophomore
- Nonprofit / Nonprofit
- Finance / Finance
- Education / Education
- Communications / Communications
- Consulting / Consulting
- Government / Government
- Legal / Legal
- Science / Science
- Math / Math
- MiddCORE / MiddCORE
- Athlete / Athlete
- Social Impact / Social Impact