PaperCut is a system to track printing and copying, which is used to bill student and guest accounts, as well as to provide data for printer management and planning. It is the system students and guests use to:
- View an account balance
- See recent account activity
- Request a refund when a printer or copier is reported as malfunctioning.
go/papercut should work in any browser. The direct links are also below.
Middlebury, VT users go to https://papercut.middlebury.edu/user
Monterey, CA users go to https://abalone.middlebury.edu/user
To log on, users must authenticate using their network login credentials:
You will be presented with your account summary and may perform specific tasks such as:
Displays your balance history in detail. You can review how, when, and why your balance was affected.
Recent Print Jobs
Lists recent print jobs in sequential order and includes the document’s name, number of pages, printer used, date and time, as well as their cost. It is here you may request a refund by
- identifying the job in question,
- going to the Status column, and
- clicking the Request Refund link.
Refunds are corroborated by machine malfunction reports.
Jobs Pending Release
Allows you to review
- the cost of a job before releasing it
- view print jobs in your queue
- cancel print jobs
Printing from Your Own Computer
All print jobs processed through Web Print will be duplexed. Web Print supports the following file formats:
- Microsoft Excel xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx
- Microsoft PowerPoint pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx
- Microsoft Word doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf, txt
- PDF pdf
- Picture Files bmp, dib, gif, jfif, jif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, tif, tiff
- XPS xps
How to Print
If you are a guest, you may print to printers in the Davis Family Library.
Students may print to public printers around campus.
Remember to click Logout to protect your account and personal information.