Acquire specific skills, knowledge, and experience applicable to an individual career path with our one-year MA in Applied Languages.
Students spend a 6-week summer in Bennington at the Italian School followed by an Academic Year in Florence where they complete a hands-on internship combined with academic coursework in traditional subjects, interdisciplinary areas, and preprofessional disciplines. Students choose a specialization.
- Language Teaching
- Migration and Development
- Cultural Heritage and Tourism Studies
6-week Summer in Bennington, Vermont
- 1 unit stylistics or advanced grammar
- 1 unit culture and civilization
- 1 unit literature
Academic Year in Florence, Italy
- 4 courses in the field of specialization (Sede and University)
- 2 courses of general requirements (Sede/University)
- Independent Research Project in field of specialization (2 units)
See summer and academic year locations for more information.
Credits must include the following:
- Four units of credit in a specialization at the Middlebury Sede and at the University of Florence
- Two units of credit in general requirements (at the Sede and at the University)
- One unit of credit in an internship (minimum of 120 hours)
- Two units of credit in an independent research project within the field of specialization