Resources for Families
We look forward to welcoming you and your student to the Middlebury College community. We’ll provide more updates regarding orientation and events for families fall 2021. Until then, here are resources for families.
- Transportation— Click here for directions to campus and for other information related to transportation.
- Local Resources— Additionally, helping your student settle into Middlebury may require making new bank accounts, transferring prescriptions, and being aware of where to shop for necessary supplies.
- Health & Wellness—
- Here are some helpful general resources for students and families.
- In this recorded presentation, Madeline Hope, Mental Health Promotion Specialist & Assistant Director for Health & Wellness Education discusses common challenges students face during their transition to college, how supportive family members can help to grow a students’ sense of confidence and guide students toward supportive resources at Middlebury.
- For information regarding Middlebury’s COVID-19 response plan, please refer to our Essential Information page.
- Join the Middlebury Parent Facebook Group (private group)
- Join the Middlebury Parents WeChat group for Chinese speakers. Please email email@example.com for a QR code to join the group.
- Check out Midd2Midd, a program that connects Middlebury students, alumni, and parents, supporting mentoring, networking, and engagement within the Middlebury community around the world.
- Middlebury College Resources—
- Recipes from Home— Do you have a favorite dish that reminds you of home? Let dining services make it for you. Send us your favorite recipe—whatever you love the most—then let us recreate the flavors and aromas that remind you of home. Share your favorite family recipes with students, faculty, and staff while you enjoy a taste of home. Recipes will be prepared in our kitchens using only the freshest ingredients. We’ll let you know when we serve your recipe and will display your name beside your favorite dish. Please submit ideas here, and remember to be as detailed as possible!