Studying in an academic culture different from their own allows our graduate students in France to develop new skills and work methods.
Directly enrolling in graduate-level courses at a French university alongside French students offers a unique opportunity for developing intellectual and linguistic skills or competencies, as well as providing additional opportunities for cultural immersion.
It is strongly recommended by the Middlebury School in France and by French universities to enroll in just one discipline to ease both integration and registration processes.
Because coursework is conducted at the graduate level in French, students are encouraged to pursue a field of study in which they are already familiar. Students generally choose to continue their studies in the field of their undergraduate major(s) or minor(s).
Enrolled students will have access to course lists as soon as they respond to the pre-summer academic survey.
Disciplines Offered at Universite Pantheon—Sorbonne (Paris 1)
- Development Studies (only for MA in Applied French students in Development Studies)
- Political Science
- Tourism Studies (only for MA in Applied French students in Tourism Studies)
Disciplines Offered at Universite Sorbonne—Nouvelle (Paris 3)
- Language Teaching
- European and International Studies
- French and Comparative Literature
- Theater Studies
Disciplines Offered at Sorbonne Université
- Art History
- History and International Relations
- Music History
Disciplines Offered at Universite de Paris Diderot (ex. Paris 7)
- Migration Studies (only for MA in Applied French students in Migration Studies)