Both the Spanish House and Portuguese House are central hubs of activity on campus. Not only do a small number of students live in these houses each year, but they also host a number of activities and gatherings. Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors are welcome to apply.
Each semester we hire student tutors who work through the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research. Please contact CTLR for more information about the tutoring program.
The Language Tables are a student-run “restaurant” in Redfield (upstairs) Proctor where students come together to practice their language skills. Please fill out this form before 11 AM on whichever day you would like to attend.
- Spanish: Monday through Friday, doors open at 12:40
- Portuguese: Monday through Friday, doors open at 12:40
Proposed Language Table Calendar Spring 2024
- Monday, February 20 - Language tables start
- Friday, March 17 - Last day of language tables before break
- Monday, March 27 - Tables resume
- Friday, April 14 - Student symposium, no language tables
- Friday, May 12 - Last day of Language Tables for Spring 2023
Alianza Latinoamericana y Caribeña
The mission of this student organization is to learn more about Latino cultures and to share that knowledge with the Middlebury College community through such events as lectures, panels, films, and social activities, and to offer students of Latin American background social support, especially to new students who may need help in adapting to Middlebury. Membership is open to all members of the Middlebury College community. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tandem Program is a language partnership where each language partner offers to help the other in one target language, and to be helped in their own target language. Learn more and sign up for a partnership here.