COVID-19: Essential Information

Funds for Faculty Research and Travel

The College is committed to improving faculty teaching and to encouraging faculty research. To find out about the different types of research and development funding available, see the Funding for faculty research needs pages. Funds are available under several programs and a short summary may be found therein.
The faculty development program includes a regular leave program, the details of which can be found in the Middlebury Handbook. Leaves are not funded for completion of dissertations, nor can a leave be taken without pay for this purpose. To receive the maximum level of funding from the College, faculty are expected to apply for outside support. The Office of Grants & Sponsored Programs is available to help faculty identify funding sources. Funds are sometimes available for moving allotments for those faculty whose leaves take them out of Middlebury for an extended period.

Academic Administration
Old Chapel
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753