Tickets on chartered buses to Boston, New York City, Burlington International Airport, and Burlington Greyhound station may be purchased through the Box Office for most campus breaks.
The Student Government Association is sponsoring subsidized bus transportation in November that is open to all students. Buses will run from campus to Burlington Airport, NY PennStation/Ridgewood,NJ, Boston. The buses will be ticketed for 50% capacity to allow for private rows and partial physical distancing. Students should not board buses if they have been exposed to COVID19, or are having any symptoms. Face coverings will be required while onboard, and passengers will need to remain in their assigned seats.
- Online/by phone/ in person sales (at MAC) will begin early October.
- Bus tickets may be purchased through the online Box Office or by calling 802-443-6433.
All sales are final, no refunds will be issued, but exchanges can be made up to one week prior of departure.
- If the date falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the last day to exchange would be the previous Friday.
- Airport shuttles can be exchanged for different times within the same break.
All buses depart from Adirondack Circle on campus.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure—the bus will not wait for you.
- No tickets are issued; the rider’s name will be on a roster.
To and From NY Pennsylvania Station and Ridgewood, NJ
- First stop: Ridgewood, NJ Park and Ride on Rt. 17, approximately 4.5 hours after departure.
- Final stop: Penn Station, 8th Avenue side entrance, at 31st Street and 8th Avenue.
- Return departure: Penn Station, 8th Avenue side entrance, in between 33rd and 31st.
- Return first stop: Ridgewood, NJ Park and Ride on Rt. 17. Middlebury is approximately 4.5 hours after Ridgewood.
The bus stops on the southbound side of Route 17 going south. The bus stops on the northbound side going north. All passengers board or depart from the south side parking lot—if going north, passengers cross a footbridge to get to the bus on the northbound side of the highway.
*To and From NY Grand Central Station and White Plains Metro Station, NY
- First stop: White Plains Metro North Station, approximately 4.5 hours after departure. Metro North station is at Ferris Avenue southbound between Water and New Streets.
- Final stop: Grand Central, 42nd Street side of Grand Central between Madison and Vanderbilt. From White Plains to Grand Central is about 45 minutes later.
- Return departure: Grand Central, same location.
- Return first stop: White Plains, same location. White Plains stop Middlebury, approximately 4.5 hours after White Plains.
**Only NY Penn Station/Ridgewood will run November 2020.
To and From Boston South Station and Hookset, New Hampshire
- First stop: Hookset, New Hampshire, at EXIT 10 in the Target store parking lot, approximately 3 hours after departure. (If requested)
- Final stop: Boston South Station, Atlantic Avenue side at the East Street crossroad. From Hookset to Boston South Station is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Return departure: Boston South Station, same location.
- Return first stop: Hookset, NH, same location. Target stop Middlebury approximately 3 hours after Hookset.
Free shuttle to and from Boston Logan Airport every 15 minutes from South Station.
To and From Burlington International Airport and Greyhound
Only stop: BTV and Greyhound are in the same building. Trips take approximately 45 minutes to an hour to BTV. Please allow plenty of time for security at BTV. Bus leaves from Adirondack Circle.
Return buses: BTV is a very small airport with only two exits. The Premier bus will be parked outside baggage claim and will have a sign that says Middlebury College.