We oversee programs designed to enhance students’ college lives through social, cultural, spiritual, educational, student government, and physical co-curricular experiences.
Student Activities is committed to helping students connect with one another and to facilitating involvement in a wide variety of activities. The Student Activities Team provides support for more than 200 student organizations, develops student leaders, and advises students in producing dozens of programs a year. We are located on the second floor of the McCullough Student Center.
Student Organization Handbook
Starting a New Student Organization
Interested in starting a new organization at Midd? The registration request period for new student organizations opens each year on October 1st and runs throughout the fall semester. An outline of the full New Org Registration Process can be found on the Forms tab in MiddPresence. There you will find all the details you need to get started in requesting to register your new organization! Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Step One: Initial Request - students email SAO@middlebury.edu with the following information: the name of their organization, a description of their organization, and the reason they are looking to create this organization
- Step Two: Meeting with SAO - once we receive your email, we will set up an initial meeting with you to review the process and give you all the materials you need.
- Step Three: Submit your formal request via the New Organization Registration Form in MiddPresence
- Step Four: Meet with the Student Organization Registration Committee (SORC)
- Step Five: Activation (if approved by the SORC) with Student Activities
If you have any questions or want additional information, please email SAO@middlebury.edu.
Student Organization Workshops, Trainings, and Meeting Recordings
Miss a meeting or workshop? No problem! Access recordings of SAO workshops and meetings below.
Student Organization Leader Virtual Training 2022-2023
While this training is hosted in (and tracked through) Vector Solutions/Safe Colleges, here is an outline to refer back to specific content or to share sections with other members and your advisor.
Student Organization Advisor Virtual Training 2022-2023
While this training is hosted in (and tracked through) Vector Solutions/Safe Colleges, here is an outline to refer back to specific content.
Transition/Re-Registration Meeting (4/21/21)
Did you miss the Transition/Re-Registration Meeting? The recording of the workshop is now available.
Student Organization Leader Spring Kick Off Meeting (2/23/21)
Did you miss the Spring Kick Off Meeting? The recording of the workshop is now available.
Transition Planning Workshop (Spring 2020)
Did you miss the Transition Planning Workshop? The recording of the workshop is now available.