The centralized waitlist for spring 2024 Environmental Studies core courses is now closed. Please check back during the next registration period.
Environmental Studies Student Advisory Council
The Environmental Studies Student Advisory Council (ES-SAC), a group composed of juniors and seniors in the program, works in consultation with the faculty and staff in the program to provide feedback about the curriculum, plan fun events and activities, and provide resources for majors, minors, and prospective students in the program. When the ES program is recruiting faculty, the SAC meets with candidates and makes an informal recommendation to the program. Additionally, when the ES program is being externally reviewed, the SAC meets the external review committee to express student views and concerns. Typically, the SAC meets twice a month, but it can also meet as ES students wish. The SAC strives to strengthen the community within environmental studies, while also engaging with the Middlebury campus at large.
Interested in contacting the ES-SAC? Current members can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joshua (Josh) James Hulbert ’24.5, Environmental Earth and Climate Sciences (ES-ECSC joint) major
- Ruby Neustadt ‘25, Environmental Justice major
- Sarah Jane (SJ) O’Connor ’24, Environmental Justice major
- Ben Rosmarin ‘25.5, Environmental Policy major
- Elizabeth Anna (Libby) Scaperotta ’24 Environmental Policy major
- Kendall Schilling ‘25, Conservation Biology (ES-BIOL joint) major
- Paige Theodosopoulos ‘25, Environmental Policy major
Recent Senior Theses
See Scholarly Work for a list of recent senior theses. A greater selection of senior theses can be accessed online via the Student Scholarship section of the Digital Collections Repository at Middlebury.
Jobs and Internships
Discover what’s next with the Center for Careers and Internships (CCI)! As you embark on your post-Middlebury journey, CCI’s staff is available to help guide you.
- Explore their comprehensive Major Guides, which provide suggestions for campus involvement, internships, and real-life career examples of Middlebury alumni.
- Connect with alumni and professionals worldwide through Midd2Midd, Middlebury’s exclusive networking platform designed to foster meaningful mentorships and industry connections.
- Navigate the various career paths associated with your major through CCI’s Career Communities Pages, offering valuable advice from our advisors and tailored recommendations for jobs, and internships.
- Stay updated on the latest job and internship opportunities with Handshake, ensuring you never miss a chance to gain practical experience in your chosen field.