The Italian House is where six students can live to improve or maintain their language skills. Living at the house entails signing a language pledge similar to that of Middlebury’s summer school. The residents often host fun events and activities, like movie nights, Italian dinners, and lectures.
Italian Language Tables
The Italian language table is in Ross dining hall. Language tables are a great opportunity to increase language skills over a delicious lunch. Students of all skill levels will benefit greatly from sharing a meal and conversing with the department faculty and other Italian speakers in this restaurant-style environment.
Student Advisory Committee
The current Student Advisory Council (SAC) for the Italian Department is:
- Hannah Hudson (2018)
- Erika Saunders (2018)
- Margot Drayson (2018)
- Claire Borre (2018)
The primary functions of the Italian SAC are to:
- Advise the Italian Chair and Faculty regarding new faculty appointments.
- Advise the Italian Chair and Faculty regarding external reviews of the Department.
- Give Italian majors a voice in their department regarding any student concerns that arise.
- Serve as a resource for current and prospective majors.
See the Handbook language for a more detailed description.
Library and Technology
- Research by subject: Italian - Start your research here.
- Library - Location, contacts, and collection description for the library.
- Technology Support - Help documents and contacts.
- LIS Links - Library and technology information advice.
- LIS Links for Faculty - Shortcuts to library and technology pages used by faculty.
- LIS Liaison - Have a question about LIS? Ask your liaison. The Italian liaison is Joy Pile, Reference and Instruction librarian, Library 210, 802.443.5140, email@example.com