Congratulations, you’re in! Now what? Please take the following important steps to reserve your place at Middlebury College.
Important information about end-of-year grades: We have received a number of questions about how we will address end-of-year grades for our admitted students given the effect that the coronavirus has had on secondary schools around the world. Schools have devised different ways to cope with closures and the cancellation of in-person classes; many have come up with internal policies regarding final grades, exams, and transcripts. At Middlebury, we expect that students will continue with their studies as instructed by their schools. Be assured that factors out of your control will not affect your admission to—or future at—Middlebury. If you are unable to take final examinations, if your final transcripts will look different than your previous transcripts have looked, or if your end-of-year academic material will be altered in any other way due to school closures, we will be flexible and proceed as planned as long as you have completed your academic year as instructed by your school. This is an evolving situation and we recognize the stress this transition has caused students and their families so we hope to reassure you that we will remain flexible.
1) Accept your offer of admission and make a nonrefundable tuition deposit of $300 within two weeks, through your application portal. Accepting this offer of admission from Middlebury indicates your agreement to abide by and uphold the Middlebury Honor Code. All assigned academic work is conducted under the terms of the Honor Code, which is based on the principles of honesty, integrity, and responsibility. Initiated by the student body more than 50 years ago, it remains the cornerstone of our academic community. Please read the complete Constitution of the Undergraduate Honor System.
2) Activate your Middlebury email account and set up multi-factor authentication (MFA). Within three days of your deposit, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your successful deposit, and a Middlebury account activation email with setup instructions. After you set up your Middlebury account, you can visit http://go.middlebury.edu/webmail to check your email. You will be prompted to set up MFA before your email can be viewed. Refer to our MFA setup guide at go.middlebury.edu/mfaguide for details. If you need help, please contact the Technology Helpdesk at 802-442-2200.
3) Remind your counselor to forward your final high school transcript. Please remember that we expect you to complete the school year now in progress, maintaining an academic performance consistent with your existing academic profile.
4) Maintain the same academic course load that was indicated in your application. Students whose final course selections differ significantly in rigor from what was indicated in their applications are subject to having their admissions decisions reviewed by the admissions committee. If you have any questions about your course load moving forward, please contact the Admissions Office.
5) Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. Any deterioration of your academic work or notice of disciplinary infraction or unlawful conduct will be cause for the admissions committee to review its decision and may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
To make your transition as smooth as possible, be sure to visit the Orientation page for up-to-date information about what to expect upon arrival at Middlebury.
For further questions, please use our Resources and Contact Information to connect with the appropriate office.