Although in a given semester some non-credit-bearing internships may be available, the majority of internship opportunities in Spain are credit-bearing.
College Credit for Internships
Students can earn credit for an internship and will be required to fulfill the following in Spanish, unless otherwise specified:
- Work 16 hours a week.
- Meet periodically with internship professor.
- Deliver an oral presentation.
- Complete an independent research paper (~10 pages).
- Submit a 1-2 paragraph summary description of the internship (in English) for posting on the Middlebury School in Spain webpage.
- Complete an evaluation form at the end of their internship.
Interns will earn credit equal to that of a regular course for the internship and take one less class that semester compared to the normal course load. Students may not take the normal full load of courses for their site AND also receive academic credit for their internship. Internships will receive a letter grade. Interns are not allowed to receive any payment or other financial support from their internship hosts.
* Students from institutions other than Middlebury will need preapproval from their home institution in order to receive credit for an internship.