Mathematics students should review the resources on this page and in this section.
Degree Checklist: This form is due to the department by the Friday of the sixth week of classes during the term prior to graduation. The purpose is to ensure all major requirements are met or will be met prior to graduation. For a detailed list of math major requirements, click here.
- Math Major Checklist
- Math Sciences Major Checklist (available only to students entering prior to fall 2019)
Minor Declaration Form
For a detailed list of math minor requirements, click here.
Student Employment on Campus
Careers in the Field
Discover what’s next with the Center for Careers and Internships (CCI)! As you embark on your post-Middlebury journey, CCI’s staff is available to help guide you.
- Explore their comprehensive Major Guides, which provide suggestions for campus involvement, internships, and real-life career examples of Middlebury alumni.
- Connect with alumni and professionals worldwide through Midd2Midd, Middlebury’s exclusive networking platform designed to foster meaningful mentorships and industry connections.
- Navigate the various career paths associated with your major through CCI’s Career Communities Pages, offering valuable advice from our advisors and tailored recommendations for jobs, and internships.
- Stay updated on the latest job and internship opportunities with Handshake, ensuring you never miss a chance to gain practical experience in your chosen field.
Additional Career Resources
- What can I do with a degree in mathematics? Career advice and options from the AMS site.
- Students considering careers as mathematics teachers should consult with the Program in Education Studies.
- Careers in statistics from the American Statistical Association
- This Is Statistics from the American Statistical Association
- MAA Math Classifieds
- American Mathematical Society Headlines and Deadlines for Students
- SIAM: Career in Applied Mathematics
- AMS internship and co-op opportunities
- American Statistical Association
- Energy Information Administration
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
- Kennedy Center Internship Program (KIP) for college undergraduate students
- Summer Institute in Biostatistics and Data Science (SIBS)
Library and Technology Support
- Research by Subject: Math
- Library information
- Technology Support
- Library Liaison- Have a question about the Library or academic technology? Ask your liaison. The math liaison is Bryan Carson, Web Services and Systems Librarian, Library 215, 802-443-5341, firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM)
- Mathematical Association of America (MAA)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Middlebury’s Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research Office offers several student resources, including peer tutoring, study skills workshops, and handouts.
- Understanding Mathematics: A study guide by Peter Alfeld at the University of Utah.
- How to Succeed in Mathematics Courses: Tips on reading, studying, and keeping up.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- American Mathematical Society list of REU sites
- Biostatistics and Statistics Program
- Student Research Programs (at UCLA). International students are also eligible for this.
- MSRI Undergraduate Program (MSRI-UP)