Please review this information to ensure that your application to Middlebury is complete.
We accept the Common Application or the Coalition Application, submitted by the deadlines below. There is a $65.00 nonrefundable application fee, or you can request a fee waiver if you feel you are eligible.
- Middlebury requires one application essay. The possible topics are available on the Common Application and Coalition Application websites.
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Allow ample time for teachers to complete their recommendations online by the deadline.
- School Report, Counselor Recommendation, and Transcript
- Your counselor will complete the form online and return it to Middlebury with your 9th–11th grade transcripts.
- Senior Grades
- All applicants should request that their counselor send midyear grades by February 1. Final decisions will not be made without some form of senior grades. Read more about senior grades.
- Standardized Tests
- Please request that testing services or your guidance department submit scores directly to Middlebury College. We will also accept self-reported scores at the time of application. Read more about standardized tests.
- English Proficiency Test
- Middlebury accepts a number of English proficiency tests for students whose first language is not English or whose secondary education has been at a school where English is not the primary language of instruction. Please read about your options on our resource page for international students.
- Additional Materials
- You will be able to upload additional materials directly to your student portal. We cannot guarantee that any additional materials submitted beyond what is required will be reviewed by our admissions readers, but we make every effort to read or view all materials sent to us. Additional materials should not include any financial information or copies of awards or certificates earned during your high school years.
- Optional Arts Supplements
- All supplementary materials must be submitted using the Slideroom website by the application deadline. Supplementary materials sent via mail will not be reviewed.
|Admissions Application Due||Financial Aid Application Due||Notification Date|
|Early Decision I||November 1||November 1||mid-December|
|Early Decision II||January 1||January 1||mid-February|
|Regular Decision||January 1||February 1||March 21|
|Transfer Fall||March 1||March 1||May 6|
|Transfer Spring||November 1||November 1||mid-December|
We understand that weather-related emergencies or other events that disrupt a school calendar, testing, or the submission of application materials puts stress on students, families and schools. In these cases, we will work with students and schools to support the application process and will be flexible as needed. Admissions staff is available to answer any questions you have. Please contact us at email@example.com, or at (802) 443-3000.
Confirmation of your application will be delivered to the email you used to create your application within two business days of applying. If you do not receive this email, please contact Admissions.