We welcome your application for admission to Middlebury. Please review our Middlebury College admission requirements to ensure that your application is complete. Please note that Middlebury College is test-optional. You are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores with your application.
We accept the Common Application or the Coalition Application. Please note the Middlebury College application deadlines below.
- Middlebury admissions requires an application essay. You’ll find possible essay prompts on the Common Application and Coalition Application websites. The Middlebury application does not require a supplemental essay.
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Allow ample time for teachers to complete their recommendations online by the deadline.
- School Report, Counselor Recommendation, and Transcript
- Your counselor will complete the form online and return it to Middlebury with your 9th–11th grade transcripts.
- Senior Grades
- All applicants should request that their counselor send midyear grades by February 1. Final decisions will not be made without some form of senior grades. Read more about senior grades.
- Application Fee
- Our $65 application fee is nonrefundable. If the fee presents a barrier to applying, we encourage you to submit our fee waiver request.
- English Proficiency Test
- Middlebury accepts a number of English proficiency tests for students whose first language is not English or whose secondary education has been at a school where English is not the primary language of instruction. Please read about your options on our resource page for international students.
- Additional Materials
- You will be able to upload additional materials directly to your student portal. We cannot guarantee that any additional materials submitted beyond what is required will be reviewed by our admissions readers, but we make every effort to read or view all materials sent to us. Additional materials should not include any financial information or copies of awards or certificates earned during your high school years.
Optional Application Materials
- Standardized Tests
- If you choose to submit standardized test scores, please request that testing services or your guidance department submit scores directly to Middlebury College. We will also accept self-reported scores at the time of application. Read more about standardized tests.
- Optional Arts Supplements
- All supplementary materials must be submitted using the Slideroom website by the application deadline. Supplementary materials sent via mail will not be reviewed.
|Admissions Application Due||Financial Aid Application Due||Notification Date (‘20- ‘21)|
|Early Decision I||November 15||November 15||mid-December|
|Early Decision II||January 1||January 1||mid-February|
|Regular Decision||January 1||February 1||March 21|
|Transfer Fall||March 1||March 1||May 6|
|Transfer Spring||November 1||November 1||mid-December|
We understand that COVID-19 has disrupted many school calendars, testing, and college preparatory plans. These changes may be quite stressful for students, families and schools. Middlebury Admissions wants to assure you that we will work with students, families, and schools to support the application process, and we will be flexible as needed during these unprecedented times. In addition, should weather-related emergencies or other events impact your application process, please let us know so that we can accommodate your needs.
Admissions staff is available to answer any questions you have. Please contact us at email@example.com, or at (802) 443-3000.
Confirmation of your application will be delivered to the email you used to create your application within two business days of applying. If you do not receive this email, please contact Admissions.